No backlight in keyboard after upgrading to windows 10

Hi All.

I have a problem with my samsung laptop after installing windows 10.

I have not been able to use the fn-keys or turn on the backlight in my keyboard.

I have tried searching for the problem, but the only solution i found was to install the program: Samsung Settings.

When I install the program windows blocks it with this warning: "This app has been blocked for your protection".

I found a solution to avoid this, by opening the administrator account and install the program from there - again no luck.

Do you have any ideas or things I can try?

Looking forward to see your answers.

Niels.

Dear All

i do have same problem after instaling windows 10.kindly follow the below link

you will get solved the problem

[http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/catego...

thank you

Shivakumar

Could you be more precise! I don't want to look into all the rubbish before hitting the solution!

Just download SW Update - http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer...

and update drivers

My NP900X3F-G02SE in Win 10 all keyboard FN functions started working

I FOUND A SOLUTION:

- Go to device manager

-Right click your keyboard (Mine was a: "lenovo thinkpad ps/2 keyboard" ??)

-Click update driver software:

-Click Browser computer:

-Click let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

-Choose standard keybord

-Restart and boom. It works.

You are absolute Hero and life saver

Thank s a lot man

i created an account just to say, THANKS A LOT.

I followed these instructions for my Lenova PS/2 standard keyboard and it did not light it up. Is there some other regular or F keys I should be using now to activate it?

It SAID that it updated, I did everything you said including restart and I still can't change the brightness of my keyboard lights. In my case I downgraded from win 8 to win7, but I thought this would work. oh well.

Hey!

I have the same issue.

All my Fn-Keys didn´t work until i installed "Samsung Settings". now they do but the only thing missing is the backlite.

The standart PS/2 Keyboard is allready shown in the device manager. I´ve reinstalled the driver whithout luck. Is there anyone who has another solution? Something i could try?

Thanks a lot and excuse my bad english !

By playing a little with the drivers of other producers the problem fixed itself after reinstalling the standart ps/2 driver.

Thank you anyway, it wouldnt work without your tips.

I was having an issue with my keyboard light pereodically not working. I found a post that said to cover your light sensor with your hand momentarily (mine was located near my webcam on top of my screen). Poof, my keyboard lit up. I was super suprised! Try it, might work for you. (Asus ROG-GL752v)

Thanks for the previous answers. I'm running Windows 10 on the Lenovo IdeaPad 700. After a bit of searching I discovered pressing the Fn key and the Space Bar at the same time enables the keyboard lighting. It might be the same for the ThinkPad series and IdeaPad 700Y. Hopefully this helps someone!

YES!! After updating the driver (detailed instructions above), this finally made it work. THANK YOU. I can see what I'm doing now.

Hi guys I'm using lenova idea pad B 50-50 model 80S2 I5 new one there is no back light, how to turn on back light on my laptop can u tell that guys plz thank q"""

Dear All

you will get solved the problem

thank you

Shivakumar

I was having an issue with my keyboard light periodically not working. I found a post that said to cover your light sensor with your hand momentarily (mine was located near my webcam on top of my screen). Poof, my keyboard lit up. I was super suprised! Try it, might work for you. (Asus ROG-GL752v)

nielsskovjoergensen will be eternally grateful.