D1760-2 DECT 6.0 Caller ID Cordless Home phone with caller ID.

flashing red light won't turn off

the red blinking light on my phone indicating I have a message has been on for the past 2 years. Ever since I changed my phone line to an internet based line, the light won't stop blinking which wears down the battery quickly. Please explain how to turn this light off.

After you listen to your messages, the message icon turns off. If it doesn't,

you can reset it: With the phone in standby, open the menu and select

Global Setup; select VMWI Reset, then select Yes.

Hi

I've tried that and it hasn't worked

I had the same problem with my Uniden phone over the past couple of weels. I chose the Global Setup as suggested and reset the VMWI - problem solved. Thank you.

04-25-18 vmwl worked on my phone,thanks

Thanks. It worked on mine

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

I have just seen your question, i had this problem until today, i have found a way of stopping this red light by going into the menu and clearing all incoming calls, hope this works if yu still have the problem

The only way to temporarily clear the message envelope is to go into Global Setup and do a VMWI Reset. But the message envelope keeps coming back.

Voice message notification

If you subscribe to a voice mail service, your phone displays the voice

mail icon (

Frequency-Shift Keying (FSK) notification.

to send the code. If you change your mind, just close

) when you have a new message. This feature supports

I assumed the problem was caused by MessageBank because of interrupted dial tone. Set up MessageBank for first time since connecting to NBN. Flashing light continued and interrupted tone continued.

Reset VMVI as recommended and flashing light stopped but interrupted dial tone remained.

Listened to MessageBank and deleted the Message telling me “you received a call from nnnnnnnn who did not leave a message” by pressing “5.”

Dial tone reverted to normal, no flashing light.

Didn’t have to call Telstra. MessageBank remains active as backup to home phone.

Thanks to others for your help. The light was driving my wife mad.

I have done all of the above with no solution. Any other advice?

If you are on Telstra NBN the reason is they have put you on message service or voicemail

Phone them and cancel the service and all is good

This really drove me nuts and I could not find any correct answer....but there is always a reason so do not give up. I drove my wife nuts too but still did not give up.

Then put a different phone on the modem and no fix. So I knew where the problem lay. TELSTRA. Enjoy no red light folks

Hi. Already solved in over 1600 cases. If you have switched to Telstra recently the problem most likely will be the they automatically connect you to voice mail at Telstra. So ‘messages' are collected there and your on phone answer system does not get to record. Simply call Telstra and cancel voicemail and red light syndrome is fixed.

Did that and didn't work for me

Just hold the FIND button on your base unit down until all phones stop beeping, about 5 seconds. That should do it!

Thanks to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AfHPlf4...

I just had this issue for 3 weeks.  FInally contacted Comcast/Xfinity and through speaking with Technical Support I was able to get it resolved.  I asked if this happens again, what do I tell the Tech Support people to get it quickly resolved so I am not on the phone troubleshooting for an hour?  They told me to tell Tech Support that they need to REMOVE SCATTER TONE  This TOTALLY FIXED IT!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!

Nope.  Had to call and they REMOVED SCATTER TONE

hold the flash button until light goes out

on your base

I actually DID get it fixed by calling the phone company. After repeated attempts by their techs they sent me over to their expert who was familiar with this issue. She said that she would have to "Remove the Scatter Tone" Once she did this everything was working perfectly!!!! If you have this issue, tell the technicians to REMOVE SCATTER TONE and that is what fixes it.

Well the flashing light is on my phone and not on the base. No, What worked was to Call Shaw and ask Them to stop their voicemail. It happened every time someone made a text to landline, then their voicemail was interfering with the voicemail built into the base. Once Shaw stopped theirs or delayed it, so it didn’t start before my own voicemail, then the flashing light stopped + people actually heard my message about leaving their name and phone number in case I wasn’t home.

So that is a solution that works and it might be the same as JoDell is referring to.

Kind regards

Charlotte Berg

What Flash Button? I dont have a flash button on my Uniden.

The flashing red light that indicates you have a message waiting

In very many cases the problem is voice mail. Call your phone company and cancel voice mail to enable your answer system to work. Then red light stops unless you have a message

Actually all you need to do is phone your provider (Telstra?) And request they switch off voce mail. Then you flashing friend should be gone.

much thanks. fixed it with VMWI reset.

Frequently the reason is your provider has automatically put you on to voice mail which conflicts with your on-phone answering machine.

Contact your provider and tell them to cancel voice mail.

This corrects red flasher in very many cases

I have the Uniden XDECT 7015 am connected to the NBN my message light would,nt stop flashing . Until I read the manual that came with the phone . Its quite simple you press the FIND button on the Base set and the message light will go off . Hope this helps someone else .

I tried all of the above methods too.Telstra even disconnected their “101” message bank. All to no avail. Somewhere in the system the “stutter” tone has to be changed back to the standard dial tone. They should be able to do this easily. This happened to me after being connected to the NBN via the FTTN method which is a box in the street belonging to the NBN. Before the NBN changeover I had the normal dial tone and the phone worked perfectly. But after changing to the NBN the stutter dial tone was there and the constantly flashing red light. I’ll keep asking Telstra to fix it. Soon, I hope.

What happens if you try to cancel Home Messages 101 from your phone yourself?

Here's how:

Dial 101

Press 3 for ‘Mailbox Set-up’

Press #

I've just found out how to fix my particular problem with the flashing red voice-mail light. I had to get into Telstra voice mail by dialling 125101 and then follow the instructions to set it up. After completing that you then listen to any messages on this sytem and delete each one as necessary. After that you should hear the normal dial tone, as I did, and the red light no longer flashes as soon as you reset the VMWI in global setup in the phone itself. That's what I did and I got my normal dial tone back and the red light no longer flashes. It will come back on but you must then get back into Telstra voice mail and clear the messages. A slight inconvenience but it largely solves the problem. I hope this helps someone.

So it turns out that it was not a problem or a malfunction at all. I was malfunctioning if anything. The flashing red light is actually a brilliant idea from the phone designers. It simply means that there is a message or messages either stored in the exchange or in the phones built-in message bank. All you have to do is clear the messages and you're right to go. The only niggle is that you will have to turn off the light manually when you have cleared any messages stored in the exchange. The phone will only reset the light for messages read in it's own internal message bank, not in Telstras. So that's it. I'm happy now and I once again hope that this has helped someone.

Similar problem to that reported by many others. Telstra NBN connected today while I was at work, so phone at home was out of service until I plugged it into router. While the phone was unavailable someone left a message (which was saved onto new Telstra mailbox rather than actually on my home phone. So when I connected phone to router it was showing a message had been left (flashing light) that could not be deleted. Went into Telstra message bank (101) and deleted message which fixed problem. Thanks all contributors!

I had same problem after many calls to Telstra they finally admitted it was a software problem and fixed it.

kimmatsuda will be eternally grateful.