The fourth iteration of the popular 7" Galaxy Tab line of Samsung tablets.

OTG support through USB

How can OTG function for the usb port be activated so that USB drives and other devices can be used through the usb port?

iff i do a new widow my usb use goo?

Usually you need a compatible OTG cable or dock for your device. An OTG cable is different than a normal USB cable. An OTG cable has the sense pin shorted to the ground pin, while a normal USB cable does not. Some manufactures may use a resistor of a certain value to short the sense pin to the ground pin. This tells the device to enter USB host mode when an OTG cable is connected. So if you have a compatible OTG cable you should only need to plug in the cable for the device to activate USB host mode (OTG). Plug in your USB device to the OTG cable first then plug the OTG cable into your tablet. If this does not work then you may want to let me know what version of Android you are running and what kernel it uses. You can find this information in the settings menu under About tablet. Or you can do a search to see if the kernel you are using has OTG function or not included. I am going to guess your kernel does have it but it may not hurt to check if you can not get the tablet to enter USB host mode(OTG). There are also some apps from the Google Play Store that may help troubleshoot your OTG issue, just type OTG into Google Play search to find some. Hope this helps.

I have Android 4.42 rooted Kernal 3.10.0-5332174

dpi@swdd6219#2 -Mon Jul 6 17:52 kst 2015

I have OTG cables that are recognized on my Android phone but do not get recognized on my tablet. I have use Google play apps they have helped to identify that cables are not recognized. I added two hardware files to permissions/ subdirectory.

This tab uses the Marvell PXA1088 quad core processor. From my understanding this processor may not be capable of OTG because of hardware limitations. Not sure this is true because Marvell specs for this processor say it is capable of USB host mode. Until a custom or updated kernel is released there is currently no OTG capabilities for this tab, or at least the WiFi only, and 3G models. The 4G/LTE model I have heard has a kernel for OTG capabilities but I am not sure if it is the stock kernel or a custom kernel. So hopefully in time OTG capability will come to all versions of the galaxy tab 4 7.0.

I have galaxy tab 4 rooted with android 4.4.2 with kernel 3.10.0-5856261

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Android 5.1.1, Kernel version 3.10.49-5869642 and I can't get otg features to work either.

I have Samsung J5 with similar problem. I have an USB camera which when I plug it in, and use the OTG trouble shooter, it says OTG recognised, USB Device NOT recognised, it then says 2 USB hubs detected. Anyone help pleae?

Ps2 remote is connected

When I connect a pendrive to galaxy tab 4 by otg, the pendrive light does not blink. That is, device not connected. However when I open MiXplorer file manager, it shows options like USBDRIVEA, USBDRIVEB ..... USBDRIVEF. I am confused. Again, as my tab is rooted, when I go to system files /mnt (using Root Browser) , there are directories apart from extSdCard and sdcard --> UsbDriveA, UsbDriveB,...... UsbDriveF. It means, my device supports OTG (or atleast the Operating System does and I am not using any Custom Rom or kernel). Now, what to do???

( I am using the 3G tab)

It might prove that it supported OTG in the past with perhaps a different OTG cable or USB pendrive attached.

Have you proved that the OTG cable works by trying it on another device? Have you proved that the pendrive works?

check for power supplied by the phone through the OTG Cable

I have a Samsung tab 4 version is 4.4.2 and I was wondering if any USB adapters would work on this tablet

eagle1 will be eternally grateful.