The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Does this mean the battery is punctured

I was trying to fix my iphone and had to take out the battery with great difficulty and in the end the battery looked like this

,

does this mean it's punctured or did I just damaged the black tape casing or whatever it's called haha. It smells sweet but no acid has leaked and also would it be safe to use it

@daviddos, yes it is a punctured battery. There will never be any acid coming from Lithium batteries. Another one of those internet myth :-) discard the battery properly. Lithium can catch on fire with enough humidity. Place it in a metal container to discard.

David dos Santos will be eternally grateful.