Parts & Tools

The Lenovo A7 series is available in a variety of configurations.

Refuses to boot , loops on Brand

Hi.

I have a Lenovo Tab A7-10

My tablet is less than a month old.

My problem :

I can not switch on.

The tablet keeps vibrating and showing the Lenovo boot screen and screen goes back to black and start all over again.

I tried many methods including the 20 secs power button.

Or plugging the tablet for quite some time.

Only to see the same results.

Any help ?

Thx.

Can't .

I bought it in France and now I travel South America for some months :(

I have a Lenovo phab 2 plus ... It hangs every few hours now it seems every few minutes.. when I turn it on.. the fingerprint scanner doesn't respond so I have to double tap to open...when it ask for the pin code... And then it I entered the code ..it's still unresponsive ... Why does it happen and what should I do? I always restart the phone all the time

I have a lenovo tablet TB-73041 which can not reboot normally,it 4 months old and theoonly problem is it can not reboot normally following the reboot process.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

If the tablet is less than a month old take it back to get it fixed under warranty

but if its stuck in the reboot loop isnt that the devices fault not yours so what if the warranty ran out how are you going to fix it.

Most Helpful Answer

I had this same boot loop issue happening numerous times with my Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 (brought in France in August 2015), even few months after buying it.

At first I tried to disconnect/reconnect the battery but this method never worked.

It seems the external SD card is the culprit (it seems to pump the amount of energy it need to properly boot)

Here is the working method I use each time :

1. Remove the SD card

2. Connect the USB to charger

3. Normally, the tablet will vibrate, then show Lenovo logo, then show the battery level.

4. Wait till battery is charged at least at 5%

5. Power on the tablet.

Hope this will help.

The main issue is that the tablet is vibrating and starting when the USB connector is plugged, which is a bad design as this drains more battery power than the USB power can load the battery during the same time. It should be able to just refuel when connecting the USB cable, without powering it up.

i have the same problem.. and this worked...but i plugged the usb and removed it after 3sec..I did it 15 times,, do not let the tablet vibrate, it gets enough power to bootup after doing it 15 to 20 times and gets started.

This worked. It seems that with a totally dead battery, the tiny bit of power it gets on the initial power-on is drained by the vibration. What a terrible design! :-D

How? Please USB? SD card?

Thanks bro, that was the solution! Very thanks!

have this problem with 2 of these tablets .

whats happening as far as I can see is that they seem to try and boot up as soon as you plug power in...which is great except when the battery is at 0%, so they start to boot , read that the battery is 0% vibrate and shutdown , which drains whatever power the battery had received by charge , it then starts to get a charge , detects this and then starts up again , and so on ..which means its stuck in a loop that never really gets it enough charge .

What I found worked was to hold volume down and power for about 10 seconds , it'll still try and boot , and fail , but usually this gives it enough charge to start up enough to actually get past the boot screen and start the charging process properly(it'll show a battery at 0% and start charging) .It can take a few goes to get this but it should work .

thanks mate. this works on me perfectly. i waited 3 reboots and i got through the boot screen and my tab started perfectly.

Dude, you're a friggin' genius! I employed your effort except I didn't count to 10. I forgot and released buttons when it started up. But, it worked!!!

I have got mine to the charging screen but it never goes past 0%. The picture of the battery fills (first red, then blue, then fully gray) but status always shows 0% even after 30 min charging.

Very good description of the problem, fixing described by 'Behzad'. Charger needs to be disconnected 15-20 times before full (attempted) bootup, so right after the vibration.

as b_uday619 commented above ,

repeat unplugging before vibration worked for me. Thank You

about 20 times and every time for 3 seconds, so battery had enough power to boot and not looping the boot operation.

Actually, this was that worked to me.. plug and unplug just before or when vibrates, repeat 30 times then let it start back as normal.

This method helped me as well, unplugging it after vibrating and not let the tablet fully power on. I had to do it quite a few times (15-20).

Just press reset button and press power button..if you cant find the reset button just open the back cover en then you can press it with finger... Good luck

You can even do that by inserting a pin next to sim card slot to press that reset button.

@Skanda gn : Are you sure this applies to this model ?? There is a little hole but no button here (not like Tab 2 A7-40 or A7-50)

Hope this helps:

1. Remove the back cover by prying it out.
  2. Disconnect the battery connector carefully, and connect it back.
  3. Replace the back cover and connect to charger. When it has at least 5% charge, power it on.

To avoid the same happening again, don't try to power the tablet on when the battery is completely discharged.

If the battery is near its end of usable life, replace it with a new one.

help me boot repair plz..........

I have the same problem, but have disconnected the battery and then connected again. Still have same problem. As soon as I plug in charger the screen comes up with Lenovo Logo powered by android then restarts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

It seems that you don't use the original charger, like a phone charger, which don't provide enough power to start the tablet.

worked perfect reset with button and power..Thanks

Can anyone tell me how to fix my leveno 10 tablet that is stuck in a google verification loop? Please help

I tried all the ones mentioned in the thread, but what worked out was changing the cord.

I looked for the original cord that was together with my tablet.

:)

meilleuir will be eternally grateful.