The C720 is a low cost Acer ChromeOS based Chromebook. Released 2014 successor to the C710.

Why wont computer turn on even though charging light is on?

My computer will not turn on. The charging light is on when its plugged in and the "on" light will flash once when you hit the power button, but it never comes on or acts like its going too. Any suggestions?

Try another charger.

Do you have a multi meter If so get a reading on the battery and see if its actually getting a charge and test the power unit it may be defective and only supplying enough power to light the lights

disconnect the power cord, remove battery, hold power button down for about 30 seconds, reassemble everything, press power button report back with results

I have the same problem. Acer C720P does not turn on. Tried the suggestions in this thread with no luck. The blue light on the right side stays on only if charger is plugged in. The light on the left side is not on at all. Trying a different charger and battery did not work. When I followed the instructions of Joshua Fiu (below), the light on the right was blinking red. I also tried taping the small switch down (located inside next to the right hinge), as indicated in another thread and it has not made a difference either. Maybe needs a motherboard?

Did what you said, plus left the battery out for a few hours. Put it back in and got the same issue. When I push the power button, the blue light will come on for a second or so, then go out. Nothing on the screen and no sound from the computer, fan, etc.

Remove your charger from your Laptop

Remove the battery as well

Press the power button for 1 minute to drain whatever power is left in your laptop

Note

After following the 3 steps

Do not plug the battery in, just press the power button while the charger is connected to the laptop.

When the blue light flashes once but doesn't stay on, this is almost always a bad motherboard aka "Main Board". Source: I have repaired 100's of c720p in our school district.

Tim, we have had several c720 mainboards go out for us as well, so I'm curious. Did you repair the mainboards, or just replace them? If you did repair them, what component did you repair on the mainboard that fixed the issue? Thanks!

We have the exact same problem with several units. Is there a repair for the mainboard or just replace it?

Steve Cameron will be eternally grateful.