Parts & Tools

Home Button Flex Cable Replacement wont work, but old cable does?

I am repairing an iPhone 6 Plus, and received an Error 53. I decided to change out the home button flex cable to make sure the home button was original and now the home button does not work at all. The new cable allowed me to update the phone, but the home button will not respond at all.

I am unsure of what to do. I have plugged the old cable back in and get a response, but no matter how many times I readjust the new cable, it will not respond.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

The home buttons on all iPhones since the 5s and newer are paired to the phones motherboard. If your old button doesn't work your best bet is to enable assistive touch. Your phone will never be able to update without the original button even if the replacement worked. I would strongly recommend getting a out of warranty replacement from Apple. It will save you trouble in the long run.

Amanda Brooks will be eternally grateful.