How do you replace a dvd drive
how do you replace a dvd drive.
Is this a good question?
Here is a link to a video which shows how to completely dis-assemble a Toshiba L755.
You need only watch the video for about the first 1:30 minutes to see what is necessary to remove the DVD drive. You do not need to remove everything that is shown being removed up to that point in the video. It is not necessary for what you have to do.
You need to do only the following to remove / install a DVD drive.
1. Ensure that the laptop is off
2. Remove the battery (shown 2 - 4 seconds into the video).
3. Remove the 3 screws from the middle compartment lid on the back (shown 38 - 48 seconds into the video), and take off the lid . - Put the screws in a container so you do not lose them!
4. Do NOT undo / remove anything from the compartment EXCEPT the two memory modules (59 secs - 1:03 minutes into the video). Removing the memory modules, gives better access to the back of the DVD drive. You do not have to remove them if you feel that you can easily access the screws and catch holding the DVD drive.
5. Remove the 2 screws (put in a separate container, so as to not confuse them with the other screws) holding the DVD drive (1:03 - 1:10 minutes into video), slip the rear catch (1:19) and pull out the drive (all done by 1:24 minutes into video).
6. Installing your new DVD drive,(Check that it is a suitable replacement) is just reversing the procedure you have just done.
Note: The memory modules have an offset slot in the contact edge, so they will only fit in, in one direction when you install them.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 2
Past 30 Days: 4
All Time: 74