Find solutions to your computer repair questions.

My laptop suddenly died!

Hi guys! Please help...I've been using my Sony laptop probably for more than 5 years & it always worked perfectly fine! Then suddenly one day, While I was speaking on skype, The screen suddenly froze and made this whizzing noise if you get what I mean? This is probably my mistake & the reason why the laptop died but I tried to switch it off so maybe it will work when I switch it back on. But nothing happened. It din't switch off or anything so I just closed the laptop and went to do my work. The next day (When I suddenly needed the laptop), It was dead! I mean, It was off & din't switch on. I tried my very best to switch it on but I couldn't do anything & still can't. I don't think there's any problem in the battery! The only thing it does now is it shows me some lights when I plug in the charger like it usually does. And once, I tried to switch it on and the lights came on and it made the 'Starting Noise' (The sound it makes when I usually switch on my laptop!) but unfortunately, the screen was still black and nothing happened! Anyway I can fix this? Any help will be great! Thanks!

What model is this Sony Laptop?

It could be a problem with static discharge , if so do the following.

1. Disconect the power cord

2. Remove the battery

3. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds , then release for 30 sec and then hold down for another 30sec

4. Plug in power ,replace battery and power on laptop.

If this causes no Joy try this.

Remove memory and reinstall one stick at a time, if there are more than 1 dimm of ram, try each stick in each slot one at a time to see if the memory is ok and to determine if one of the memory slots is bad.

Hope this helps

Hi Jimfixer! Unfortunately, I tried it earlier and it din't work:( Thanks anyway!

My laptop is Asus and I just brought it but when i use around 30mins..it suddenly dead..please can you solve my problem

that's gonna be hard one....

battery? i don't think so

maybe the screen died, try to connect it to monitor and than power it up

if nothing open it up and check on it, board damage, blown stuff etc. (wear antistatic eq)

if you find something post pictures

and let us know whatever it does work with external monitor or not

Yes, I think that's the problem! I'll try that!

This can happen because of the following reasons

Motherboard failure

Ram not working or not inserted properly

Virus issue

Dust issue

but it can be solved if you take your laptop to dell customer care for repair.

If you are under warranty, call to take the support. The problem is a bad DC input socket either on the power board. The blue light not staying on is probably because of a short circuit. This is a common problem with all laptops because it is easy to break internal connections if the power cord is pulled or kicked. Be aware that if the laptop looks like it has been dropped or abused, It may not cover the problem, as it could be considered accidental damage. If it has accidental damage coverage available for all laptops. If you buy an expensive laptop, you should get this as well as extended warranty coverage for as many years you think you will keep the laptop. If you have a cheaper laptop, the extra insurance is probably not worth the expense. If you still getting issue you can take the suggestion from the Toshiba Support and it will work because I had solved my problem only because of them

Abdul Haadi will be eternally grateful.