Repair guides and support for the laptop line of Acer's Aspire series for casual home and business use.

Touchpad or cursor not working

Dear sir/Madam,

I bought a acer E5 573 Laptop two weeks ago and installed windows 10 32 bit..

The issue is touchpad is not functioning.. Cursor working with wireless mouse and touchpad works only on windows 7 also but not on windows 10 and 8..

i installed drivers from acer support but still i am facing the same issue..

kindly provide me solution or help me with the issue...

If i update will my laptop functions properly...?

How do i update BIOS....?

I have video resolution problem... quality of video and games are low... not supporting..

I thought you were having Touchpad problems in Win10? Are you now having problems with the video in Win10? Is the touchpad problem fixed?

If you are having problems with Win10, go into Device Manager, make a list of the vendors of your hardware e.g. your Audio is Realtek, BUT Touchpad is either Elantech OR Synaptics, the video is either Intel OR Nvidia, you have to know which one you have so that you can install the latest correct drivers for the device. If something is working OK leave it alone, do not update it until you get everything else working OK. Only update one at a time, get that working properly first, that way you will not confuse the issue.

If you are still in Win7, upgrade and see what problems you have. Again work on one problem at a time.

Updating the BIOS if done incorrectly can HARM your laptop DO NOT DO IT if you don't know what you are doing. If updating the drivers does not solve your problems and you want Win10 go to an expert for help.

I updated windows update... video resolution problem is solved..

but i still have the problem with touchpad...

The only thing I can think to try is make a note whether your Touchpad is Elantech Or Synaptics. Download the correct driver from the Acer website. Remember where you downloaded it to on your laptop. Uninstall the Touchpad. Restart the laptop, let Win10 " find the "new" hardware if it asks for driver install the driver that you downloaded. Make sure you have the correct driver!

Thanku... I installed windows 10 64 bit.. now my touchpad is working...

The info in this link may help you to solve your problem. I suggest that you do not update the BIOS until you have tried all the other options suggested and found that they have not worked for you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/...

i understand this issue , let me explain how this could effect other components of computer and how this issue can be fixed . just follow these steps and this might help -

restart the computer and removing any program blocking the touch pad d driver to perform commands .

try updating the pointer or touch driver . and restart the computer at last follow this - easy-fix-touch-pad-problems-windows-10 and i hope this will help to solve many this touch issue in computer . thanks

Fantastic! The fix worked - I am over the moon!

You might not update the touchpad driver, right? Go to manufacturer's official website to download the best matched driver and install it with the prompts. Also, you could use Driver Talent detect the most compatible driver. You could install it with just

P.s.: Don't forget to reboot your computer. Good luck. :)

ManiGandan C will be eternally grateful.