An internet tablet apart of Archos Generation 8 line. It was released in 2010 until 2011. Model Number: 70b

Why is the touch screen unresponsive?

My Archos 70b screen stopped responding to my touches, when the screen does respond the response time is very slow. Do I have to replace the screen or is there another way to reset the device?

Most Helpful Answer

You can't replace the screen, so you may have to try resetting the device. You can simply hold the reset pinhole using a needle or a toothpick for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work then you can try going into the Recovery System and selecting the Force Touchscreen Calibration. You can get into the recovery screen by

-Turn off the tablet and wait 10 seconds.

-Press and hold the volume + button while powering on the tablet.

-Keep the volume + pressed until the Recovery Mode has started (White Screen).

-To move from option to option, use the volume buttons and press the ON/OFF button to select the option.

After that select the touchscreen calibration and follow the instructions. That should fix all the issues you are having.

Hey!

I have the same problem.

I replaced the touch screen, but the tablet is still unresponsive.

I tried to enter recovery mode but there is no Tochscreen calibration option. What can I do?

Lucas Yosimura will be eternally grateful.