HMDX Jam HX-P230 is a wireless Bluetooth speaker manufactured and released by the HMDX Company in 2012. Also known as JAM classic portable speaker.

will not pair with iPhone

will not pair with I phone only pairs with ipad

Found this info in the link below, hopefully it is relevant to your problem:

http://www.jamaudio.com/jam-classic-wire... (scroll down to reviewer post 05/02/15)

''If you ever come across having issues with the speaker not pairing, and not showing up on the bluetooth devices list in your tablet/phone, do this. It worked for me:

1. Turn on speaker.

2. Press reset button.

3. Turn on again.

4. Press simultaneously the "PLAY" and the "+" buttons, until the blue light blinks faster (2-3 timer per second).

5. At this moment, the speaker should show up on your tablet/phone pairing list.

6. Pair the speaker. And you're set to go!''

Also another reviewer said to ensure that you should turn off one of your devices when you try to pair with the other as he found that it confused the speaker when both were on. (post on p.4 dated 12/03/14)

I found this information very helpful

Thank you. Worked for me on my Samsung.

The Jam2 instructions don't tell you you must hold the play button and the "+" button simultaneously to enter discovery mode so that the iphone will see the device

Thanks!! For so long I've been unable to use this speaker. Almost pitched it. Worked perfectly.

Really nice advice.

Thank you! I almost threw it out the window!

Thank you, been trying to pair for ages. This worked first time

joey will be eternally grateful.