General Motors' GMT400 platform.

Bank 2 oxygen sensor location

Does anyone know of a website that shows a diagram of the catalytic system. I got a OBD code PO430. I found out what that means , but I don't know where the " bank 2" oxygen sensor is located. Please help

Janet Fayette Bank 2 is the right (passenger side) of your vehicle.

doesnlt help me at all. my system has single exhaust and only 2 sensors and i still hae no idea how to test and repair the wiring or even where to begin to try to find out !

Bill Huff what make and model is your vehicle and what error code do you get?

I have a 1997 Suburban and spent about an hour running back and forth between the computer and the car but I found at least the sensor being called out by my P0141 code. It is located just behind the driver side front wheel. If you run your hand along the exhaust from the front of the engine back toward the rear you will see the sensor sticking out clearly. I looked at the passenger side and it is in a similar location. Right on the pipe, just behind the wheel.

not a good question because my 98 ck 1500 GMC only has 2 sensors. 1 upstream and one down stream. they are both new but the wirinf on the up stream has stopped working . code 134 and 155. no activity showing.

billhuffsr

Rep: 1

Posted: 41 seconds ago

Options

not a good question because my 98 ck 1500 GMC only has 2 sensors. 1 upstream and one down stream. they are both new but the wiring on the up stream has stopped working . code 134 and 155. no activity showing.

Janet Fayette will be eternally grateful.