Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

touch screen not responding and white lines on top

hi, i have a iphone 6 plus, it was bent when i bought it, i changed its back housing, occasionally it shows white lines and touch screen stops reponding, i have to press it to make it working, first i thought it is lcd problem but today when i tried other one, it also have same issues and now touch has stopped permanently and i can't use it, is there any way to fix it?

Can you post pics of the screen and pics of the lcd digitizer connectors for the board.

thanks to eveyone who replied, it was problem with touch ic,

Most Helpful Answer

chips that would need to be replaced are called: cumulus and meson chip, very common issue nowadays, this article explains why it happens:

http://mendonipadrehab.com/entries/gener...

I had this issue as well. My phone seemed to have a micro bend. Using both hands I applied a minute amount of pressure across the frame of phone to test my touch capability (Be very careful and use common sense). At certain point my screen started responding. However, when I released, it would stop working. At that point I knew that it had to be a faulty connection. I opened my phone, unplugged LCD screen from main board, cleaned all connections and inspected them for damage. I then put the phone together taking extra care to make sure all of them were snug. Put it all back together and luckily everything seemed as it should be. I was lucky and it was an easy fix. Keep in mind, if you open your phone, you loose your warranty.

I had the same problem and I removed the logic board and the touch sensor need to be secured with a piece of rubber. I watched a youtube video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mmmfk0A... and this helped a lot. I did this and have not had any problems since. I hope this helps. If your phone is under warranty take it to an Apple store and they will replace or fix it. If it's not like mine, I saved myself couple hundred bucks for the repair or new phone.

manubali811 will be eternally grateful.