An Android smartphone by Samsung for the Asian market, known by many model numbers, released December 2014.

IMS Service has stopped

There is a message said, Unfortunately, IMS Service has stopped. I keep tapping the 'OK' button but still the message wont go out. Help please me as soon as possible.

I had this problem on my S5 neo when I upgraded my system to android 6.0.1. None of the solutions here worked for me, but the problem went away as soon as I rebooted my phone! :-D

It's still doing it.i can not received mail.

My partner did an update this morning, and it's been a disaster.... the IMS Service message has popped up all day long.

After searching on line for various 'cures' modified something, which seems to have worked on a Samsung Galaxy Neo 5. (I removed the mini SD card before hand)

Select MESSAGES

Select MORE

Select CONFIGURATION MESSAGE

Choose a previous version- I chose an August 2015 version

Select INSTALL

Let it download - an 'OK' message to say it has downloaded comes up

So far... no horrible pop-ups... and happiness is restored!

No funcion ims

IMS service has been stopped

Bosilverman@live.com

This happened to me when I "synced" with "Cloud." I had to go into

Messages

More (right hand corner)

Settings

AT&T Messages Backup & Sync

Discontinue the Sync

Worked like a charm.

This was so simple!thank you

Worked! Thanks you so much! It was driving me crazy!

I did the same thing and it stopped the pop up, but my question is, what if I want my AT&T back up and sync turned on??

Similar answer to fix my S5 Neo:

Open Messaging (SMS)

Select More from top right menu

Then Settings

Choose Chat Settings

Tap on Rich Communications Settings and uncheck Rich Communications

Worked for me

Hi Talulah

This is a copy from another site. It work's for me

After this, I did a restart with my Galaxy A3 2016

I had the same problem. Here's a fix:

1. Open 'Messages' (SMS app)

2. Go to 'Settings' in the top right (you need to scroll down to see 'Settings' from the options, as the defaul pop-up window isn't big enough to show all of them)

3. Select 'Default messaging app'

4. Select 'Rich Communications'

5. Uncheck the 'Rich Communications' box

This has stopped the 'Unfortunately IMS...' message appearing every few seconds on my S5.

Hope this works for you, too.

Worked a treat!

i looked for all you are asking and cant find any of this I have a note 5

STEP 1: ISOLATE THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY

As I said earlier, the error message “Unfortunately, com.sec.imsservice has stopped” can be caused by either a pre-installed app or downloaded one. So, to isolate the problem, you need to boot your Samsung Galaxy S5 in safe mode to temporarily disable all third-party apps.

Turn the device off.

Press and hold the Power key.

When ‘Samsung Galaxy S5’ appears on the screen, release the Power key.

Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

STEP 2: DISABLE / UNINSTALL THIRD-PARTY MESSENGERS

If the error message doesn’t pop up while the phone is in safe mode, it means that one of your downloaded apps caused the problem. More often instant messaging apps are the primary cause of this problem, so find them and disable or uninstall them before you boot the phone in normal mode.

The purpose of this procedure is find which one is the culprit but apparently if you uninstalled all suspected apps, then you wouldn’t really know the specific app. If you’re really curious to know, I suggest you boot the phone normally and disable or uninstall suspected apps one after another until the error message won’t pop up anymore.

STEP 3: CLEAR THE CACHE AND DATA

If the error message still pops up even in safe mode, then none of your third-party apps is causing the problem. More often, when this problem happens and it’s not a third-party app that caused it, it’s the Contacts app or the IMS service itself.

Galaxy S5 owners who have encountered this problem reported clearing the cache and the data of both the Contacts app and the IMS service will fix the problem. So, here’s how you do it…

From any Home screen, tap Apps.

Tap Settings.

Scroll to ‘APPLICATIONS,’ then tap Application manager.

Swipe right to the ALL screen.

Scroll to and tap Contacts.

Tap Clear cache button.

Tap Clear data button, then OK.

Now find com.sec.imsservice and tap on it.

Tap Clear cache button.

Tap Clear data button, then OK.

The error should have disappeared by now, however, if it still kept popping up, then the last step will take care of it.

STEP 4: MASTER RESET

If all else fails, there’s no other option but to backup all your data and perform master reset to give your phone a fresh start. After all, you just updated it to Lollipop. It’s the best time to set it up again and make it like new.

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.

When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.

When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.

Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’

Press Power button to select.

Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.

Press Power button to select and start the master reset.

When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

this did not work and have done this several times been to store and no one knows what wrong with it

I have a complaint regarding the repeated message , unfortunately , IMS service has stopped in my j2 Samsung mobile. Pls suggest

I just had my Note 5's screen leak purple as if bruised. This Note 5 is my 4th Android. My phone was replaced with a S7 Active, and now I am seeing this IMS Service thing. None of the above fixes have worked.

HELP!!

Messages

More (right hand corner)

Settings

AT&T Messages Backup & Sync

Discontinue the Sync

This worked great for me. I have a Galaxy also

You must simply cancel Sync

im having the same problem but i have a note 5

On an S6 Active on Android 7.0, I had to go to Messages, menu (the three dots), Settings, Advanced Messaging, and turn off the Advanced Messaging feature - that stopped the annoying pop up from coming back.

Go into app manager ...then tap more button select system apps from the drop down box ...scroll through for com.sec.ims select this app ...should look like a green bot/man there's an option to clear notification pop up ...this should do it along with clear any cache there too..

Samsung S5 neo only...that's my device and I had same problem after an OS update.

i'm using galaxy g5, i had the same same problem, so i got into the message setting and disabled auto-retrieve under mms. i hoped it can help

Help to solve the problem for me pls...

I cannot use any of the solution above meanwhile I use Galaxy A7

daisy will be eternally grateful.