Second generation of the Ford Focus.

Why does it say engine system fault acceleration reduced

Im having trouble starting the car and a light comes on and says engine system fault acceleration reduced ?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Is the MIL on if so what code are you getting . What is happening is the car has detected a problem and to keep it from doing damage to itself it has gone into limp mode. Limp mode disables alternating cylinders to cool them with just fuel no spark. If the temp gets to hot , the engine will shut down. You may want to check your coolant level .what temp is your engine running at .Ford has had a problem with the instrumentation cluster as well so you may want to check that out

What will i do ? Why does it say engine system fault acceleration reduced

How to reduced acceleration?

hi Jim when you say issue with instrumentation cluster, what exactly is it. My car has developed this problem but is mechanically sound leading me to think its an electronic issue. thank you for your response.

Got the same problem, checked coolant and air filter

What should I do ? I need the car to carry my disable husband around ,just bought it 3 years ago to invicta ford in Canterbury .

Might want to check the Ignition Coils too, I can see this thread is old, but if anyone else has this problem it might help out :)

It's relatively inexpensive (apart from the Engine Coil unit which is usually around 41.99euro + Labour charge approx 1 hour) to purchase or replace this unit.

It's possible that the coils or battery arent giving enough power to the Spark Plugs to ignite. You may have recently noticed higher fuel consumption and/or less acceleration than usual. One way to test if it is a coil is to ask your mechanic to look over or remove your spark plugs (replacing if necessary) as there may be a burnt residue on them due to the coil damage. Also, when a coil is gone, you may notice a higher concentrated odour of petrol from your exhaust. This is due to wastage of fuel which the car is trying to use to ignite the sparks.

Hope this helps anyway :)

traceydhill will be eternally grateful.