Second generation of the Ford Focus.

Why does it say engine system fault acceleration reduced

Im having trouble starting the car and a light comes on and says engine system fault acceleration reduced ?

Is the MIL on if so what code are you getting . What is happening is the car has detected a problem and to keep it from doing damage to itself it has gone into limp mode. Limp mode disables alternating cylinders to cool them with just fuel no spark. If the temp gets to hot , the engine will shut down. You may want to check your coolant level .what temp is your engine running at .Ford has had a problem with the instrumentation cluster as well so you may want to check that out

What will i do ? Why does it say engine system fault acceleration reduced

How to reduced acceleration?

hi Jim when you say issue with instrumentation cluster, what exactly is it. My car has developed this problem but is mechanically sound leading me to think its an electronic issue. thank you for your response.

What should I do ? I need the car to carry my disable husband around ,just bought it 3 years ago to invicta ford in Canterbury .

traceydhill will be eternally grateful.