Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Wireless controller for the Xbox 360

Why does my controller not want to link to my xbox sometimes

my controller works when it wants to it disconnects from the xbox and wont connect bac to it i have to keep scanin for it why is that

Do you use this controller with another xbox 360?

by Andrew Guenther

Yes I do at my friends house

by Caiber X Gaming Clan

Most Helpful Answer

Put fresh batteries in the controller. If you're using a rechargeable battery pack or rechargeable AAs, try swapping in a new pack or alkaline (normal, non-rechargeable) batteries to see if those are also affected. If the controller works better with alkaline cells, then your rechargeables might be worn out.

The easiest way to sync them is with a plug 'n' play cord plugged directly into the 360, and then turn it on. When you unplug the controller (once the lights on the controller light up), it will be synced with that 360. Sometimes it will take a moment to boot the 360 from the controller without pressing the power button on the 360 itself.

While you're at it, in reference to the rechargeable batteries, try scrubbing the copper connectors, and plugging in the controller several times in order to fully recharge them.

A lot of the times, the rechargeable batteries will "finish" recharging, but not hold much of a charge. When it does, unplug and replug the controller until the light stays red and fully charges.

Mine was acting strangely like that as well. I found that my TV had to be set to the input the Xbox 360 was connected to for it to connect. For example if I was still watching cable and tried to sync the controller so I could watch and wait, it wouldn't work unless I switched inputs to the HDMI my Xbox is connected to.

@jp simpson same as me what is the company of your tv?(TCL Etc...)

by michael

@jp simpson worked perfectly for me, thanks! I have a seiki tv. Thought my whole system was busted

by kuehnde

Dude thank you much ive been trying to get my xbox working for like three and half hours I tried everything but nothing was working. And then I tried your idea and it worked. Thank you so much

by dmcb123

My controller will not pick up my Xbox 360 I've tried to use a cord and the wireless I put new batteries in it the lights come on but nothing I've tried to reset it also but will not work help

Did you ever fix it? Mine is doing the same.

by Logan Wells

I found that the connection drops during playing and realised that it was when I was getting a bit physical with the controller (ie shaking it about a bit). It seems that the battery connectors come apart from the batteries when you shake the controller. To see if this is your problem just ry shaking the control quite hard and see if it switches off?

Take of the battery holder and use a small screwdriver or a knife tip to open up the metal tab in the middle of the battery holder a tiny bit more, then refit and enjoy.

Yes I used it at my family's house and when I came back home to use it , my cousin said I had to reset it . How do I reset it back ?

Henry Freeman, take a look at the answers on here Why does my Xbox guide button flick on and of?

by oldturkey03

I have a controller that kept disconnecting. I used a cotton swap dipped in rubbing alcohol & cleaned the battery contacts in the battery pack as well as the spring contacts under the battery pack. This seems to have worked for me. It has not given any further problems unless the batteries are near dead.

My controller won't connect to my Xbox at all

I need help my controller has always worked on my xbox in my room but yesterday my little brother got my controller out of my room an used it in the living room on the other xbox now I tried to connect it to mine an all it does is flash the green circle on the controller an it won't connect. It will sync to the one in the living room so I unplugged the xbox in living room so it wouldn't sync back to it. But it still won't connect to my xbox. I've tried everything I don't know what else to do!!!! HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks!!

My controller wwouldn't sync, it would turn it on but not sync, then I remembered that I unplugged the hd cable out (to watch something on a different system) and didn't put it back in to my 360. So plugged it back and everything is working again. Hope this helps.

I was having the same issue and remembered how I fixed it. When trying to sync your remote you have to have the tv on an input set to the xbox. Hope this helps.

josh will be eternally grateful.