The fourth iteration of the 10.1 inch Galaxy Tab tablet. Available in both Wi-Fi and 4G/LTE.

Why is my tablet freezing up all the time?

My tablet will freeze randomly while I'm using it! I have turn off the display for a few seconds then push the home button and its okay for a few minutes before it freezes again. In a ten minute period, it'll freeze about 8-10 times. I have shut it off and then back on, and reset the tablet to factory settings. Neither of them fixed the problem.

Also, I won this tablet in a competition so I have no warranty. Please help!

I have the same problem,screen just freezes and takes ages to Un freeze. Anyone else have this problem? If so what is the fix

Cheers

I have the same issue . Also, have to Uninstall & Reinstall Facebook and Messenger . .... I've got a tablet 4

Should I remove Facebook and Messenger, my biggest issues from the SD & put it back on Device ?

Facebook, words with friends, and spider solitaire keep freezing. I did a factory reset last week and it is even worse now. What can I do to solve this?

Mine freezes while surfing. I have not downloaded anything. Only downloaded the regular updates.

If I have 3 tabs open one of the pages freeze but I can still click on other tabs and use those.

Hi Paul Donaghey,

Have you tried a hard reset on your tab?

Be aware a hard reset will erase all your downloaded apps and user data. It will restore your tab to a factory default condition. It will be like when you first bought it.

Back up your data, using the tab's backup feature before you hard reset your tab.

Note: If you restore the tab after performing a hard reset, with the backup you made, you may re-introduce the problem back into the tab e.g. if it was a downloaded app that was causing the problem.

Ensure the battery is charged before you perform a hard reset . Do not have the charger connected when you perform a hard reset.

Here is a link that show how to do it.

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsun...

Be patient, it takes a few minutes.

Hi lampreyriver,

A hard reset shouldn't affect the sd card but remove the SD card to be certain. If you have apps running from (or installed) on the SD card you they may not work after a hard reset because the 'installation' information will have been lost with the reset. Just so that you are aware. All your data like pictures etc will be safe, it is only apps that will be a problem

Thanks I'll see what happens !

You should put them back on the device and perform a backup first. This will save the all the info to your account. I'm trying to find out if there is a selective restore available This link may be of interest. http://www.droidforums.net/threads/is-th...

To stop my tablet 4 7.0 from freezing, I cleared the cache for everything loaded on the tablet. After a couple uninstalls reinstalls of Facebook and Messenger, it was working better. But started freezing every now and then. I uninstalled both again for a few hours. When I went to reinstall Facebook, there was an update that hadn't been there ! I did update & suddenly, after another reinstall, both Facebook and Messenger have been working without issues......so far !! Also uninstalled some apps that were " Gifts" from Galaxy I had no use for. I've got more room & the tablet is fine !!! I'm thankful a Hard Reset wasn't needed !! But I'm prepared if I must do it in the future !

Thanks for your answers, lampreyriver

Glad you got it fixed. By 'prepared' I hope you also mean that you are making regular backups so that it will be easier to restore in the future

Yes jayeff, I am making regular backups ! I haven't had any problems with freezing

hey guys. I got Galaxy tab s (sm-t807v) and have the very same problem! Touchwiz freezes. I never had facebook installed though I have messenger. But even though after a2 hard resets and WITHOUT installing ANYTHING I got freeze. I am so disappointed. Any clues pls??

i had the same touchwiz freezes problem with the t807, i tried everything rowte above , its now android 6.

I have a similar problem. My tab 4 7.0 freezes when an app from playstore is installing after it is downloaded. Not only playstore , even when the applications are downloaded and are installing from galaxy app store. Someone please find me a solution !!

My tablet froze and I pressed the power and volume buttons. It turned back on but now it's downloading. Does this mean I'm losing all of my games? How can I fix it now?

My Galaxy TabPro 10 does the same thing; freezes randomly and will unfreeze after setting a couple minutes on it's own or immediately if I close the cover and open it back up. I did a factory reset but didn't fix the problem. Using it in the Airline Mode helps a little but the problem still persists.

May be that's why people still buy Apple.

I got an @tab 13 same thing happens and I am sick of it I am going to kill it then bin it good luck I think it is an hardware fault apparently it's happened to alot of the @tab 13's

Amanda Arellano will be eternally grateful.