A personal computer that resides in one location with its core components inside a case separate to third-party peripherals required for operation, such as a mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

When computer starts 4 beeps then nothing

I have a custom built computer with an Asus motherboard, and when I try to start it it beeps 4 times and then does nothing. The fans are running and the little green light is on the mother board but nothing else. Can anyone help?

ASUS M5A97 motherboard

AMD X6 FX-6300 cpu

G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB ram

Corsair CS Modular CS650M power supply

ASUS GeForce GTX 750

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB ssd

is it 4 solid beeps or are there spaces2 long 2 short

4 beeps all the same

Asus motherboards are usually American Megatrends' AMI BIOS. and if that's the case four beeps mean System Timer failure: Timer 1 on the mainboard does not work properly. This can mean that your motherboard has failed but before throwing it out there have been cases were the memory has failed on one dimm but not the other, so pull one dimm at a time and try to start it and see what happens

Hope this helps

I'll try this and let you know

one stick of ram didnt work the other did. its new just today so whats the deal. Thanks for the help looks

Chris will be eternally grateful.