The world’s most famous headphone has been completely redesigned and reimagined. The new Beats Studio is lighter, sexier, stronger, and more comfortable, with precision sound, Adaptive Noise Canceling, a 20-hour rechargeable battery, and RemoteTalk. It has all the energy and excitement you expect from Beats, plus a powerful, reengineered sound.

Beats studio 2.0 Headphones are not turning off

I have had my Studio Headphones for a long time, and they never had a problem. Today, I used them for 2 hours, they worked perfectly. They had low battery life so I plugged them in, but then after 30 minutes I noticed that red light was still on even when they were supposed to be charging (white lights). I unplugged them and the red light didn't go off. I tried to reset them but it wont work, and as far as I know the updater only works for the wireless version. There are red and white lights blinking, it's all crazy. Anyone have an idea on what the problem is?

Most Helpful Answer

I have got the same problem and, unfortunately, resetting it won't fix the problem. I think its water damaged as I have been using them in the gym every day during my workouts and sometimes out in the rain too. The only possible way to turn it off is by holding the power button and mute button together for like 10 seconds, when you leave the buttons it will again start blinking, now you press the power button 1-2 times and the headphones should be off now. Works for me and do remember to remove the AUX cable before doing anything.

I was thinking the same thing, water damage, I have been using them during workouts too. I'll try what you said and I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for your help.

The internals of the headset are fairly well guarded, so the chance of having water damage is fairly low unless they were submersed. There are definitely some issues with the hardware or audio circuitry though, so if this reset doesn't work for you, you may just be out of luck.

I had the same problem with my wireless beats solo 3’s and it was fixed by holding the power button for about 15 seconds until it tried to pair again. I let it pair and then tried to turn them off and it worked. They have been working fine since.

Holding it for 15 seconds worked. I don't know why. I was facing this problem with my solo3 today too. Yesterday my left side had no sound. A power cycle did the job. But today it was being unable to power it off. I think soon I'll have to bring it down to the Apple Store for a replacement or something...

I have the Studio 2.0 wireless beats and when I plug the charger into it the white lights come on and then that's it, I've tried to reset it and nothing. I've used them in the gym and sweated in them but I can't get anything from them. Any tips on what I can do?

im so grateful for you all answers i had the same problem and i was freaking out!

I have problem with my studio 2.0 wired is working for a minte or more and then stop...I try to reset and samething .....

Ismael will be eternally grateful.