Released January 2015. Android smartphone.

Camera is not working

My redmi 2 prime camera is not working....it shows cannot connected..please help me

This issue is faced by almost everyone i guess.. it's motherboard issue.. i had given my Redmi Prime2 at shivajinagar's service center. They returned my phone after 55-60 days when it was guaranteed to be returned within 25-40 days. Even after changing the motherboard i faced the same issue at the center itself. Many people at the service center were also fed up with the bad service and mannerless people. Also it stays closed for all possible optional holidays plus for weekly updates. Agree each phone has it's drawbacks but at least provide a proper service so that people don't have to think 100 times before buying or suggesting others.

It's True Very Bad service Mi Center

Yes it's very true I have the same problem..

ya very bad Bad service Mi Center in Kolkata Hazra.

i m having an issue with camera in note 4 its showing can't connect to camera i have purchased it on 2nd of march ..........plz help what to do....... my gmail address

attitude777787@gmail.com

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Guys, I had this problem since 3 months from now. I tried pressing on the bottom portion of the rear camera, but it did not work for me.

Today morning I just unscrewed the rear panel and pressed on the connecting chip which is on the right side of the camera (When we face rear camera). Unscrewing may make your warranty void, but that is ok for as I don't have service centres near my place.

Anyway if you don't want to remove the rear panel, try pressing on the right side of the camera (Remove the rear cover which means you can see the battery and sim cards when you doing that. Pressing on the back cover will not do much help). It MAY work.

Godson

Can anyone help me? I tried everything also by opening back panel, removed chip and connecting by pressing but when I press hard then only camera will shows and after few second camera hang with rainbow type color but after releasing hand again same problem arise. Any solution for this or shall i have to change camera part??

yes u had tell it is true....i solve it by press camera side and it start again

super! it worked for me thank you

how to fix please help me

step by step

thanks

My mi device camera is not working properly ,it only work when press it hard on bottom side of camera

slowly phone slept on hend from camera side slowly..then it will start..

the contect of camera is missing so this error happen .when u just pressure on camera side back it will contect again..but still if not get u camera than go to customer center. i have do it and it run.

alright before anyone declare this as a hard ware issue i would like you to follow few steps and see if this can fix this issue and solve your problem .

please restart the phone kill all the unwanted programs from phone .

try updating the phone software and for few more steps visit Guide to Fix Phone Camera . please checkout this Guide step by step and see if this can get camera working

This camera issue is well known issue and yes it is the issue with Motherboard.

Only option is to give it in service center, it will be fixed without charge if under warranty. if not then they will charge huge.

Service is horrible. i have given my phone two times. first time it took 2 months and then after 15 days only it started giving the same issue again. when i went back they said it is same motherboard issue, so i gave it again. This time it again took more then 2 months. So in 1 year warranty period my phone was in service station for 4 months.

When you give it to service center then dont think when will you get it back. We all should learn onething from this. Stop buying any MI Products. If they dont care about their customer then why should we support them by buying these phones with inbuilt problems.

I have another MI Redmi 2 Prime now that phone also started giving the same error. it is also still in warranty period, so i need to get ready to face the same cycle of going to Service center and waiting for more then 2 months for getting the phone back.

If you are having camera issue and your phone is not under warranty then i suggest go and buy some branded phone and throw this phone, as the repair charge will be approximately more the Rs.4500 (Phone actual cost is Rs. 6000)

Me too..

Press hard but smoothly in the bottom of rear camera.. Slowly but sure.. It's sometimes working for me

Problem is a software issue and not hardware

You can check it by switching off your phone and press and hold volume up and power key simultaneously.

Under recovery key you can see a key and press it.

It will change your language to english.

After that on top you can see "PCBA Test" click on it and press "Down" and select 17th option,

That is "CAMERA BACK" (can also choose 18th option "CAMERA FRONT")

Tap on it and check whether the camera working or not. If the camera works ! The problem is with your software

else the problem is in hardware.

If the camera works properly on testing, flash your phone's software.

if its not working take it to a xiaomi service center.

I had this problem on my redmi 2 prime and in my case the camera passed the test

and i flashed my phone. After flashing camera is working perfectly

after choosing the language.

main menu occurs which has four options reboot,wipe and reset,Install update.zip to system and power off.

which one should i click??

there's no PCBA test option

I think it is the mother board issue

My redmi 2 could not connect to the camera after I spot that I shake the phone when I switched on the camera app, the screen flash blue in less than 1 second.

I took it to Offical Xiaomi HK to fix it .

They just said that the motherboard was not functioning correctly.

They just replaced one for me.

But I think I will face the problem again…

(Sorry for my bad English…)

Main 15 days se apne camera ko thik krne ki kosis Kr rhi Hun and every time I get can't connect camera.. but today I got it back.. trust me if u too want it then after removing back cover tap on the right side of rear view camera and then press it.. it will work

This forum really helped! Switch on the camera - keep pressing the rear lens - and try to take photos. I failed multiple times - at least 20 - before I could restore it to its normal function. When you keep the rear camera pressed, you will find the display flickering, or displaced. Don't worry, just work your thumb around the rear camera by lightly, but firmly pressing it.

Hope it works for you, just as it did for me.

Thank you!

Just wanna share, i have the same issue for about 2-3 months ago, my camera suddenly stop working when i woke up, and i had this problem about a week or two until i try something that came up in my mind:

1. When the battery ran out, let say (1/2% remaining), i purposely open the camera app, and let the phone off by itself. After the phone off, i charged it for about 15 min in off condition, then after i switched on it, the camera miraculously working again.

2. Not so long after the camera back to normal, it started to error again, at this time i realized something on my phone, that i thought this error camera happen when, i open the camera when my phone got so hot/heated up until 40degree up or cold, in very cold condition in my case, for example in a room with AC, then i tried the previous solution but not working for me, as i frustated by it, then i just reboot my phone while open the camera app, and yes it back to normal, and it works until now when error coming again.

So in my case, the solution is, when the camera error, let your phone cool down/back to normal temperature, then open camera app, hold power button and reboot/restart from it, it works for me 100%, i hope it also works for you guys :)

Sorry for my bad english and my long text

hi

Unfortunately your camera has stopped. report MIUI?

Try this solution.....

Rajiv Kama

1. go to setting

2. go to system apps

3. go to camera

4. go to restore default setting

5. click ok

6. restart the mobile

and see camera works properly

I had that problem in my redmi 2 prime I solved it today by opening the rear cover and case by unscrewing it and then I placed a folded paper on the processor below the camera. And I closed the rear case screwed it tight. Ha Ha now camera works perfectly but because the processor is always pressed hard I doubt it will break my phone. If you can take risk then keep paper inside.

Warning:- this action might damage your phone.

----------------------------------------

Gently slap continuously the phone from the rear side..it worked for me and it worked for many.

Yes it's really working fine jus take the back cover off start the camera keep pushing gently around the camera I know problem will still persist but keep doing until you succeed alas I promise it will work fine all the best

My camera not open rear and front

Please help me and my smartphone by rear camera is not working

Ty ....after pressing the right side of my camera....it begins to work....

Deepu will be eternally grateful.