Repair and disassembly guides for GE Microwave ovens.

Loud noise when turntable is in use.

I have an over the range microwave. A rattling noise can be heard when the turntable is in use. When the turntable is turned off there is no noise. I have tried removing the glass plate and turntable roller not no avail. Should I remove the bottom of the microwave to gain access to the turntable mechanism ?

Check for flat spots on the rollers on the roller ring. (It is what the turntable rests on.) If there are flat spots, unfortunately the ring has to be replaced as there are no individual rollers available

Had the same problem which was solved by cleaning the the entire track and wheels under the turntable. Amazing how much sound emanates from such a simple problem. Of course you should be very careful to have the parts placed correctly after they are removed for cleaning.

Read the problem folks...it going to be the motor ir plastic piece between the plate and motor or both

Richard Peck will be eternally grateful.