Display is not working

after I start my laptop the load-screen is shown for about 10 sec after this the screen turns black. I know the laptop is still working and Windows is loading but without any graphic.

When I connect the laptop with an external Display, it works and I see the desktop external. This means the graphic card works but the laptop-display stays black. When I push the function button with f6 the lightning button the screen appears for some seconds on the laptop-screen and again nothing. What could be the Problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

YET, sounds like a backlight issue. This could be related to the screen or the inverter. I would start with a new inverter. Relatively inexpensive and not very difficult to change. Thsi video will give you an idea of what you are looking at.

Thank you oldturkey03. I will change the inverter in a few days. After this I will come back. :D

I changed the inverter and the problem is still there. Now Im sure it should be the screen itself.

Thank You.

I had same problem on my Aspire 8920g in 2013. Just want to share my solution.

oldturkey03 is right that the problem is with backlight.

I solved it in two steps. Starting with easiest.

First - replace inverter, in my case the problem was still there, but for some users it can be solution.

Second - replace LCD CCFL Backlight. This step is more difficult, but with patience and skilled hand it is less than 2 hour job. To change CCFL is cheaper than whole screen.

You can find them for under $20, just search eBay for "LCD CCFL Backlight Aspire 8920",

example eBay link

I did this repair in 2013 and still PC is working without problems.

YET will be eternally grateful.