Comprehensive repair manuals on all portable tablet computers by Apple. Repairs are likely to require heat and careful prying.

iPad Mini LCD and digitizer responding oddly after replacement

Both the digitizer and LCD were cracked, so I removed both, removing the power cable first. The install went well. I powered it up, the Apple symbol displayed, and once boot was complete, the screen went blank. I heard it start to chime, so it was still powered up, but it wasn't displaying anything. I held the Power/Home buttons to hard reset, and the screen lit up. The digitizer was responding, then after sitting for a minute, the screen went to sleep, then it wouldn't respond again without starting the hard reset again. I have not tried a factory restore, but I wanted to check the forums before erasing everything.

Was this a problem with the install, or could this be an OS issue with the new LCD screen installed? Any help or additional questions to narrow down the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely it is a problem with the new part. Try checking if the connectors are not loose, albo you may try to clean the connectors gently with a toothbrush and highly concentrated alcohol like isopropanol. Remember to remove the battery before taking any actions!

rdburkh will be eternally grateful.