Repair guides and support for coffee makers by Keurig including the K-Cup systems.

Water damage to display screen on my Keurig 2.0

Original Post: Keurig 2.0

I was cleaning the outside of my Keurig and somehow water got inside the display screen and the bottom half is black. How can this get fixed, or what should I do? Please help!

My screen isn't black but it definitely has water blotches ....

remove the phillips head screws under bottom of lcd screen; there are 6 of them. Pop the clips visible all the way around housing. Carefully if your concerned about cosmetics. this will expose the brain, main 2.0 button and lcd screen housing. Unplug lcd screen plugs and motherboard plugs. you could try to find a replacement for these parts which I am in the process of doing, or try to dry it out, which may be too late. you can catch up with me at bigbrainbrotha@gmail.com if you want to see what I found next should I forget to come back with completed resolution. Looking like the lcd is the common issue for all of us with these units. I am sorely disappointed that this hardware was not waterproofed more and keurigs failure to stand behind it is despicable. They know its an issue and offer no support only to discount a new product when this one works fine!

This device however convenient is POORLY MADE. DO NOT BUY IT. I was able to open the unit up. No help from Keurig. I pulled the motherboard and lcd screen out. The motherboard is fine. I was able to get it to run preheating process after touching the back of the lcd screen that is unresponsive to touch. I WIPED the machine down and I get this. TERRIBLE. I is a water device, why would you not put parts that are protected from liquid and steam as I have seen with other complaints. They offered me 35 percent off of a new device instead of taking this piece of junk back and fixing their flawed design. BUT DRONES WILL KEEP ON BUYING won't we, instead of making them stand behind their product. What sad is people posting here that they got a new one because it was under warranty. FIND A NEW THREAD. Before I shell out another 180 bucks for something that worked for years, and quit working from wiping it down?! THEY KNOW. This should be a recall PERIOD. I will not be buying another product from this company until they stand up and do the right thing FOR ALL OF US! SMH. Shame on keurig. If i can find a replacement LCD it will stay, otherwise I will put this whole thing in the trash and there it will STAY!

LCD damaged from moisture and a TERRIBLE DESIGN by keurig. Its a joke. I cracked mine open since it is no longer under warranty. The motherboard is fine as I am sure yours is. I will keep you posted on fix.

6 screws on bottom and snaps on housing unit to remove cover. Currently have the screen in a bag of rice. Let you know how this works out.

UPDATE:

Bypass general customer care and speak to corporate and MAKE THEM SEND YOU A NEW DEVICE OUTSIDE OF WARRANTY. I did. These folks are aware and their engineers are taking pride in fixing the issue. For the folks that posted in here they got a new one inside of warranty WASTED TIME typing to hear yourself talk. Seriously?! Really. I owned this pampered device for 4 years and it worked FLAWLESSLY. I was happy with it and as a matter of fact said it was one of the best appliances I have owned because it was sturdy and it lasts. New one on the way! Because I told them what I found instead of just accepting a discount for a new one and believing what I was told. FIND OUT! Do not accept anything sub-par when you spend the coin on these devices you do.

<EOT> will be no futher replies or updates, all you need to know is right here!

how did you reach corporate?

I have a Keurig 2.0 and i haven't brewed 100 cups of coffee yet and the screen is blank . For those that want to defend Keurig.... sorry i'm not with you. They manufacture a poorly designed coffee maker and they should do a recall . Its's keurig's fault for the problem .... RECALL ....RECALL ...RECALL

coffeelover21 will be eternally grateful.