Keyboard not working at all, no software problem, dock is good 2

Hey there,

The keyboard of the t100TA used to disconnect and connect again once a day when moved, but now it just stopped working for good. I first checked the keyboard and other t100s could recognize it fine, I updated the drivers, installed Windows again, nothing helps. I also opened the tablet to see if the keyboard connection had been disconnected, but nothing visible.

Anyone has any idea what I can do? I am not trying to find the part that should be replaced with no success so far...

Any help would be appreciated!

Is the info here relevant to your problem

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1005... especially about the bios update

My problem was even worse as not only did the keyboard not work but randomly when I turned the computer on a random letter (I think the letter “y”) would appear in the password box and would replicate itself 20-30 times. It would simply go flying by in the password box. When attempting to type using the keyboard usually nothing would appear but sometimes the letter “y” would appear 20 times or more. I reset the computer (twice), re-installed the driver, and tried every other fix suggested. I finally stumbled upon the following link and tried it. Lo and behold it worked and my keyboard now works!!! Go to the following link and follow the directions.

http://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/10055...

Many people have answered the question correctly but not explained properly

Firstly make sure the battery of the Docking Station and Laptop are fully charged

THIS IS A MULTIPLE STEP PROCESS

Put on Bluetooth on your laptop by going to Settings and Devices

All the steps to do this are explained here as far the buttons are concerned

https://www.asus.com/gr/support/FAQ/1011...

Basic Set Up - Step 1 to Step 3 in the link above

Follow as in the Link

Now you go to Step 4

Click on Pair

You will have either the option of automatically getting a password in numbers from the laptop - Shown in link Step 5

or

You will get the option of choosing your own password in numbers - Shown in link Step 6

Remember you will either reach Step 5 or Step 6 (Not Both - Please don't ask me why)

1) Now if you reached Step 5 and whatever number you get (example here is 63467904)

Enter that in the Docking Station Carefully Correctly and Slowly - Press Enter

You will not be able to read what you type on the Docking Station (example here is 63467904). That is why do it correctly and right.

It will automatically take you to Step 7 and connect your Docking Station

2) Now if you reached Step 6 instead of Step 5 then you have to choose the number (example let us choose here 12345678)

I chose 8 digits because I noticed Asus had automatically generated an 8 digit code

Then enter 12345678 on the tablet keypad of your computer in the white box and click Next

You will see the signal showing "connecting"

Now go to your Docking Station and enter 12345678 in the Docking Station Carefully Correctly and Slowly - Press Enter

You will not be able to read what you type on the Docking Station (example here now is 12345678). That is why do it correctly and right.

PLEASE REMEMBER FOR EITHER 1) OR 2) THE DOCKING STATION PAIRING BLUE LIGHT MUST BE FLASHING AND THE LAPTOP MUST BE IN PAIRING MODE. IF BLUE LIGHT STOPS FLASHING IT WILL NOT GET PAIRED

To check if your Docking Station works well I used this trick (in case you have doubts on its functioning)

a) Switch off your Tablet

b) Make sure Docking Station is fully charged

c) Go to your mobile phone

d) Put both the Docking Station and Mobile Phone on Bluetooth Scan Mode

e) If you find the Docking Station try to connect it. It will give you a pairing number (example here is 63467904 - not always this number)

This means your Docking Station is perfect

(Absolutely a stupid way with no proper explanation by Asus. I wasted 3 hours figuring it out. I am no Geek. I did this all by trial and error. Nothing is wrong with your Bluetooth device on the docking station under most circumstances. Just to help others who got stuck and frustrated like me)

pupakok22 will be eternally grateful.