The OptiPlex 755 offers energy-efficient performance, stability and choice in a mainstream business desktop.

Adding a video card

What video cards can I use to upgrade my system

Most Helpful Answer

mrmac4, your Dell has a PCI Express x16 connector slot which could be used for a video card upgrade. No issues with that at all since a PCI Express graphics card will override the integrated video controller.

Dell has annoying proprietary motherboards, but this one still allows small form factor PCI-e GPU’s.

If you can explain what you want to use the GPU for, we can select a fitting one for you.

In short:

For HD video playback, an AMD HD4550 should be fine. For light gaming a Nvidia 750 is about the max I would trust the crappy power supply in those things with.

Upgrades are good and bad. Good if they work and bad if they dont. Would you realy want to gamble with the life of your device like this?

Score -2

mrmac4 will be eternally grateful.