Repair guides and support for Android tablets made by Dopo, also known as Double Power.

How to reset tablet with no volume buttons?

My sister bought me a dopo 7" kitkat tablet with no volume buttons almost 2 years ago and my brother borrowed it but to give it back to me, he reset it but put my password back for me but it seems he put the wrong one as it won't let me in. I had him try to get it back unlocked but it wouldn't work. So now I'm stuck with a locked up tablet.

Basically my brother left his kindle fire upstairs and my sister did something to it and it come on these screen Amazon system recovery <3e> and the volume won't work to go up and down and he don't have a home button so please someone tell me how to reset this without the volume buttons because they don't seem to be working thanks.

Most Helpful Answer

Ok everyone. I had this same problem came to Google and read everything it seemed to fail for everyone that has tried.. I contacted the company and it was hard to communicate with them do to language differences. They emailed me the factory reset process. To get past being locked out of your tablet you must do a factory reset. The instructions they sent me did not work lol. I was very frustrated so I started trying all combinations that were possible. This is how I actually successfully fixed the tablet.

1. Press the power button to get the option menu for

Power off

Reboot

Silence phone option.

2. on that menu you have to hold down that power off option on your touch screen while also holding down the home push button on the side of your tablet.

3. This brings up a screen to reboot into safe mode..(these are the 3 steps the company does not tell you that is why no one gets it to work.

4. HIt yes for safe mode and then hold down your power and home buttons on side of tablet till the dopo Logo appears.

5. Release both buttons and hit the power button one time and then hold only the home button down till a menu option appears.

6. Use the home button to move down to factory reset and press the power button to select. Once it says complete then use the power button to select reboot.

Problem solved. Hope this will help everyone out.

That works only problem with mine jsbwhen i get to the screen that says whipe everything clea. I have three options of no and i cannot say yes. So then it wont let me do it..

Thank you!! I just bought my daughter a tablet for cheap because of the password lockout

My tablet will not show the yes for the Safe mode... Can u help me please

SHANESE

1. press to power off

2. on menu option (power off, reset..), press option "Power off" (in touch screen), and no release your finger. Same time, press "home" (phisical button, near to power on/off buttom)

Then, continue with normal step 3.

it doesnt work for me ........ what i should need to do..

press the power button and turn it off then press the power botton and the volume botton at the same time

there are no power buttons

I have this problem with my tagital tablet. Volume buttons are broken but need to reset it somehow.

Hi Nicole,

Is the plastic bar of the Volume buttons actually broken or is it that nothing happens when you press them? The above procedure is for a Dopo tab and is slightly different to what you need to do for a Tagital tablet, as best as I can find out. You need to press and hold the Volume Up button "first", then press the Power button, so that you are holding both buttons until the recovery menu appears. After that it should be the same.

Make sure, if you can, that the battery has some charge in it before you try to reset it. Also do not try a reset with the charger connected. If you can start the reset process, when it is resetting, be patient, it takes a few minutes to complete.

Mine is Connect A7 Classic Plus [tablet] , it doesn't have a volume button and no pin hole! Could you please help me get out of this bootloop ? I can't fix it :/

I can't shut my tablet and do it and set my tablet all over again because I'm stuck and I can't even reset my tablet

me too I'm stuck without a tablet

HI.

I had the same problem and the only solution was via SDCARD. You have to download a right firmware for your tablet and put in a SDCard like this:

Here is instructions in this tablet without volume keys and Home key. Everyone asks how to do the recovery:

upgradeable via the SD-card:

1. Unzip the contents of the archive to the root of the SD-card;

2. Insert the card into the tablet and switch it off;

3. Press the power button + reset at the same time.

4. Release the power button and after 2 seconds the reset button.

If you did everything correctly, wait a little and you will see the display of the update process.

In the case of successful update a caption that the card will be learned. After that, remove the card and restart the tablet (after reset).

After the software update be sure to do a factory reset via the menu android.

If after the update does not work for touch screen -. In your hands is a tablet other revisions

Hi I have a iropro tablet without volume buttons and its only got the on off button on the side. I have forgotten my patterned password and now I'm stuck. Can someone help me and try and reset it please.

Same! I have a poloroid P10 and all it has is the power button on the side NO volume button on the side. And when I hold my power button all it says "Do you want to shut down" with OK or CANCEL

I have a at@t trek 2 HD tablet with no home button and I can't reset it I tried everything and I need help resetting it

help forgot my pattern locked out?

help me

i forget my password hisense f5281

I've got a Proscan Tablet PLT1077G, its volume+ button isn't working and i need to hard reset it. Please any solution to that?

what if the "home" button is on your touch screen, how do you hold it down to reset, it doesnt appear while the phone is in reboot...

I have the same case - no Volume buttons AND NO hardware Home button, only Power button is present. How to proceed in this case to hard reset the tablet? BTW the tablet is a bit exotic, a Chinese cloning, assembled in Bulgaria, it is DIVA QC-7BH and nowhere has any information about it.

how to reset google sign in to tablet no volume insida...?

i go into safe mode but then what should i do cz it doesnt working

Eliz Williams will be eternally grateful.