Repair guides and support for Android tablets made by Dopo, also known as Double Power.

How to reset tablet with no volume buttons?

My sister bought me a dopo 7" kitkat tablet with no volume buttons almost 2 years ago and my brother borrowed it but to give it back to me, he reset it but put my password back for me but it seems he put the wrong one as it won't let me in. I had him try to get it back unlocked but it wouldn't work. So now I'm stuck with a locked up tablet.

i forgot my trio tablet password and my face lock has to reset and pressing volume up button and power on button won't work and i have been trying to remember my password but my memory won't jog back to me so now i'm stuck with only a laptop that i can only use in safe mode

Most Helpful Answer

Ok everyone. I had this same problem came to Google and read everything it seemed to fail for everyone that has tried.. I contacted the company and it was hard to communicate with them do to language differences. They emailed me the factory reset process. To get past being locked out of your tablet you must do a factory reset. The instructions they sent me did not work lol. I was very frustrated so I started trying all combinations that were possible. This is how I actually successfully fixed the tablet.

1. Press the power button to get the option menu for

Power off

Reboot

Silence phone option.

2. on that menu you have to hold down that power off option on your touch screen while also holding down the home push button on the side of your tablet.

3. This brings up a screen to reboot into safe mode..(these are the 3 steps the company does not tell you that is why no one gets it to work.

4. HIt yes for safe mode and then hold down your power and home buttons on side of tablet till the dopo Logo appears.

5. Release both buttons and hit the power button one time and then hold only the home button down till a menu option appears.

6. Use the home button to move down to factory reset and press the power button to select. Once it says complete then use the power button to select reboot.

Problem solved. Hope this will help everyone out.

That works only problem with mine jsbwhen i get to the screen that says whipe everything clea. I have three options of no and i cannot say yes. So then it wont let me do it..

Thank you!! I just bought my daughter a tablet for cheap because of the password lockout

My tablet will not show the yes for the Safe mode... Can u help me please

SHANESE

1. press to power off

2. on menu option (power off, reset..), press option "Power off" (in touch screen), and no release your finger. Same time, press "home" (phisical button, near to power on/off buttom)

Then, continue with normal step 3.

it doesnt work for me ........ what i should need to do..

press the power button and turn it off then press the power botton and the volume botton at the same time

there are no power buttons

I have this problem with my tagital tablet. Volume buttons are broken but need to reset it somehow.

Hi Nicole,

Is the plastic bar of the Volume buttons actually broken or is it that nothing happens when you press them? The above procedure is for a Dopo tab and is slightly different to what you need to do for a Tagital tablet, as best as I can find out. You need to press and hold the Volume Up button "first", then press the Power button, so that you are holding both buttons until the recovery menu appears. After that it should be the same.

Make sure, if you can, that the battery has some charge in it before you try to reset it. Also do not try a reset with the charger connected. If you can start the reset process, when it is resetting, be patient, it takes a few minutes to complete.

HI.

I had the same problem and the only solution was via SDCARD. You have to download a right firmware for your tablet and put in a SDCard like this:

Here is instructions in this tablet without volume keys and Home key. Everyone asks how to do the recovery:

upgradeable via the SD-card:

1. Unzip the contents of the archive to the root of the SD-card;

2. Insert the card into the tablet and switch it off;

3. Press the power button + reset at the same time.

4. Release the power button and after 2 seconds the reset button.

If you did everything correctly, wait a little and you will see the display of the update process.

In the case of successful update a caption that the card will be learned. After that, remove the card and restart the tablet (after reset).

After the software update be sure to do a factory reset via the menu android.

If after the update does not work for touch screen -. In your hands is a tablet other revisions

Thank you !!!

"That works only problem with mine jsbwhen i get to the screen that says whipe everything clea. I have three options of no and i cannot say yes. So then it wont let me do it.."

Tiffany, i had the same problem.

Push the home button again and the "YES" option will appear.

When the device is turned off, hold down the esc. button and then hold down the power button until the device reboots. The device will reboot with an options screen. Select the option to clear the device and reset to factory settings. Once that's done it will go back to the options menu. Select to reboot the device and it should be unlocked when it's rebooted.

My tablet as no volume key, and I can't remember the pattern lock. Pls help me with how to reset it..

Eliz Williams will be eternally grateful.