The third iteration of Lenovo's Yoga line of notebooks, similar in design and hardware to its predecessors. Designated by model number 80HE000DUS.

Why is My Computer Freezing?

Recently, while I have been using my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, it has been completely freezing up. What can I do to stop this from happening?

It is a common problem with Lenovo Yoga 3 Pros, it seems like it occurs generally after ~1 year of use.

Generally it happens when you move the screen, and is linked to the Broadcom Wifi Adapter. Some people found that updating the driver (Device Manager - Network Adapters - Broadcom Wifi Adapter) helps.

Check this out:

In my case, updating the driver didn't help (either did a system roll back to factory settings with Windows 8.1). In my opinion it is a hardware problem, maybe linked to the display's coax cable.

Has anybody tried if opening the computer and checking the display cable (as explained here: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Display Assembly Replacement) helps?

UPDATE:

The problem is being discussed and solved here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga...

It is not the display cable, but the wifi-antenna on the Broadcom wifi/bluetooth-adapter. It's loosening with the time and the solution in most of the cases seems to be to open the laptop and fix the antenna-cable carefully.

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds like there might be an issue with the SSD or RAM, or maybe the SATA port/cable of the SSD. I'd recommend that you backup any important data which you might have on that drive, just to be on the safe side. After that go ahead and download an SSD diagnostic tool to see the SMART data and if there's anything unusual going on. You could also download a RAM diagnostic tool to test your memory as well

http://prntscr.com/7svk1k

There may be malware on your computer. Update your security system and run a full sweep to scan for potential malware. If malware is the issue then the security system will take care of it.

Another potential solution would be to back up all of your important files onto an external hard drive or on to the Steady State Drive and restore your computer.

Had exact same problem with the Yoga 3 freezing any time you move the screen forward, unless you disable the network card. Driver update didn't help. Was about to open it up to make sure nothing was loose.

Turned the laptop over and noticed that 2 of the screws near the hinge were a bit loose. Before doing anything else, I just tightened those screws and checked - PROBLEM FIXED. Just having the case loose was enough to cause the problem. A very easy thing to check before wasting a lot of time and money.

how do u tighten the screws when the screws are not normal screws

you need a Torx 5 screwdriver. Something like this: http://phonedoctors.com/product/high-qua...

My Lenovo yoga pro 3 was dropped on mistake and now I have this issue. The screws on the hinges are bent and will not tighten. Any suggestions on how this problem can be fixed under this circumstance?

I also have started facing this issue currently almost near at a years usage. Unable to identify the reason as some time it freezes within few minutes, sometimes on login screen and some time after a few hours of operation.

Please guide.

Caroline Seifert will be eternally grateful.