Acer V5-571 Series BIOS Locked and need code / Help

When trying to boot to the OS, I get an error 0xc000021a and the PC continuously tries to reboot.

If I press F2, I get a dialog box with Password/Unlock Key and the code 11DAA97B.

I am trying to get it to boot to CD so I can re-install Windows.

I tried entering a code from http://bios-pw.org, but it did not work.

Hopefully, somebody can help with this issue.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

On the Acer Aspire V5 series, if you open the bottom cover and remove the RAM you should find a couple of pads on the board labelled G2201. Remove the battery and power cord from your machine. Use a piece of wire to short those two pads. While holding the wire, plug the machine back in, then hit the power button. This should clear the password. I had to do this a number of times, but what finally worked was to hold the power button down while the machine came on, then shut off. I cycled this a few times then eventually the password was removed and I was able to get into the BIOS setting screens. Good luck!

Hi, thousand thanks to you. I thought I loss my laptop. Fortunately your answer help me out. God bless you.

Thanks, I helped!

I tried a lot of things to get this laptop fixed for a friend of mine. Your info did it. Thank you to put this information out there ;-)

Hey tom, I opened up the laptop, took the out and I can see only one G2201 and the other two are G2101 and G2701. So I was just wondering which ones do I short out. I'm using the Acer aspire v5-571. Please help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks a lot, you helped me...

password/unlock key : .........

unclock key hint number 5ce4c08f

I tried to use a quarter and it slipped and touched the ram slot now it doesn’t post at all

John Presler will be eternally grateful.