Acer V5-571 Series BIOS Locked and need code / Help

When trying to boot to the OS, I get an error 0xc000021a and the PC continuously tries to reboot.

If I press F2, I get a dialog box with Password/Unlock Key and the code 11DAA97B.

I am trying to get it to boot to CD so I can re-install Windows.

I tried entering a code from http://bios-pw.org, but it did not work.

Hopefully, somebody can help with this issue.

Hello Sir I forget My laptop Acer aspire One 753 Bios pawsood What I do

Most Helpful Answer

On the Acer Aspire V5 series, if you open the bottom cover and remove the RAM you should find a couple of pads on the board labelled G2201. Remove the battery and power cord from your machine. Use a piece of wire to short those two pads. While holding the wire, plug the machine back in, then hit the power button. This should clear the password. I had to do this a number of times, but what finally worked was to hold the power button down while the machine came on, then shut off. I cycled this a few times then eventually the password was removed and I was able to get into the BIOS setting screens. Good luck!

Hi, thousand thanks to you. I thought I loss my laptop. Fortunately your answer help me out. God bless you.

Thanks, I helped!

password/unlock key : .........

unclock key hint number 5ce4c08f

John Presler will be eternally grateful.