I spilt wine on my keyboard last night

So, I brought a MacBook Pro in July and I love it however, I split wine on my keyboard last night, I managed to turn the laptop off and clean most of it up pretty quickly but when I had a proper look, it was coming out of every exit. I took the back off and there was wine all over the inside. Is it well and truly broken? If not what can I do to fix it? There is no power light anymore and I can't afford to spend alot of money trying to fix it

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0


Can you give us the last four digits of your serial number so we can correctly identify your system.


Add a comment
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

To start with disconnect the battery ASAP! Don't power it up and don't charge the battery that only makes things worse!

OK, now lets see if we can salvage your system. The first thing we want to do here is keep the system cool, heat speeds corrosion until you can get things ready.

You had the right idea on getting as much of the wine out of the system bloating it up. You'll need to open the system up and finish cleaning it up. Use cotton swabs (Q-Tips) and use distilled water to rinse the areas as the acids and sugars also need to be removed. After you rinse the areas use a high quality isopropyl alcohol 85% to act as a dryer to clean up the water.

Most likely you'll need a new battery and you may need a new keyboard.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

Georgina will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 11

Past 30 Days: 54

All Time: 448