Fred Lee, "I charged it and it became really hot " your rice obviously did not work. Heat = short circuit. Next time skip the rice. It will not prevent corrosion nor will it fix the phone, it is a misleading myth. totally agree on this with Phonetech93 on this one. The very first thing you want to do is to not try to restart the phone. This may further damage your phone. You also do not want to try to charge it any further. The next thing to do is to clean it. Disassemble your phone using these guides. Once it is disassembled remove the EMI shields from the logic board. After that you do need to clean it properly. You will need high grade isopropyl alcohol and a soft brush. Use this guide to see how to clean it. Even so it was written for a 3G all the points are still pertinent to your phone. While you are cleaning it, check for any broken, missing or burned looking components. When it is properly cleaned, replace the battery. All these steps are to avoid delayed failure caused by corrosion. Once all this is done, reassemble your phone and reevaluate. Water damage is the hardest to diagnose since virtually any part may have short circuited.