Designed to provide professional results in a compact package, the J1 comes in a variety of colors and lens attachments.

battery latch broke so battery does not connect

The small orange plastic latch that keeps the battery pushed into the camera has snapped and broken; so the battery does not connect to power the camera. Is there any way to fix this on my own? Or should I find a camera repair place?

Its crazy when you buy a £600 camera and it is ruined by a tiny plastic retaining clip.

Hi

I have the same problem, any advice on how to fix it or get a replacement part?

Did the entire orange clip break off? I can't find any battery retaining clips online for this model. You could try calling Nikon to see if they sell that part, but all I can locate is the battery/card cover which is sold by a third party. I also cannot locate a breakdown for this model of camera. It looks like most people gave up trying to repair Nikon when they stopped selling parts.

Back in 2012, Nikon decided to stop selling parts to anyone but authorized repair shops. About a year later, they started selling limited repair parts to consumers, but nothing as detailed as a battery retainer clip and spring. Unfortunately, you will probably need to use a certified repair shop to fix that part.

i'm living in Germany. Same problem with that yellow/orange clip here.

I've sent my Nikon 1J1 to an autorized Nikon Service repair shop. They have that part and it costs 4 Euro, but they can't sell it to me without a repair fee and they have to clean the camera professionally (54 Euros) . Which is joke, because the camera was clean. The overall cost estimate incl. shipping and tax was 69,50 Euros. What a joke.

I told them that they should send me back the camera without doing anything to it. Will look for a broken camera to get spare parts from.

Melissa Witt will be eternally grateful.