The Ninja Professional Blender 1100 watt model BL663CO, is a high-performance blender used for ice crushing, blending and pureeing.

Why is the lid so hard to remove?

After using my Ninja blender, the lid is always stuck. I always have to ask my Dad to remove it. Why is it getting stuck after I make my smoothies?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

If you use the dishwasher to wash your blender components, make sure to allow several hours for the all the water to dry, especially for the lid. If there is still excess water between the seal of the lid, it can create a tight suction and make taking off the lid difficult after blending.

still stuck it sucks

Still extremely difficult to remove. I've stopped using the blender because of this. It's a real design flaw.

I have the same problem!

Same here. If it isn't tight enough liquid leaks during the blending, but if it is tight enough for that not to happen it is extraordinarily difficult to remove. I've mostly stopped using, too.

After trying everything to get the cover off, and no I did not wash it in a dishwasher, I used some WD-40, and it came right off. Use a good degreaser to wash the WD off. Blue Dawn dish soap works great.

don't put lid put in side

I do that still stuck it sucks

The rubber is may be missing or off the lid.

Twice I tiressly struggled to take off the blade lid I realized the clear plastic circle that goes in between the blade lid was off.. I usually take it after using the ninja when cleaning

I used hot water, no help, tried to pry off, would not budge. I was spraying a squeaky hinge with WD 40 and decided if it would unstick other things, it might unstick the lid, one squirt on all 4 sides, and the lid came right off. Now I know to not store with the lid on.

If you haven’t used it for awhile and it is stuck on, you have to muscle it. A man with big hands ( sorry feminists) and fingers should be able to do it easily. I am a medium build man y with skinny fingers. Undo the latch, place the tips of your fingers under the edge of the lip and pull like crazy. It hurt so bad that I used a dish wash cloth. I put my left arm around the pitcher, gripped it, gritted my teeth, told the lid that it would lose and I pulled it right off. Suggestion: don’ t store with the lid all the way down.

Dave Bohling will be eternally grateful.