Parts & Tools

The Ninja Professional Blender 1100 watt model BL663CO, is a high-performance blender used for ice crushing, blending and pureeing.

Why is the lid so hard to remove?

After using my Ninja blender, the lid is always stuck. I always have to ask my Dad to remove it. Why is it getting stuck after I make my smoothies?

Having the same problem… Will never buy another Ninja product… Too frustrating…

Mmmmmmm...... it is a good product; just don't store with lid on tight...

Look where the handle attaches to the lid, you will see white latches, one on either side, lift them up with either a small flat head screw driver or, the blade of a pair of tweezers. The lid will come off just like magic.

I used Pam spray and pried it off with a flat head screwdriver. I won’t store with lid on and lightly spray lid before usage.

Same problem years later - so frustrating. Will never buy another Ninja product.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

If you use the dishwasher to wash your blender components, make sure to allow several hours for the all the water to dry, especially for the lid. If there is still excess water between the seal of the lid, it can create a tight suction and make taking off the lid difficult after blending.

still stuck it sucks

Still extremely difficult to remove. I've stopped using the blender because of this. It's a real design flaw.

I have the same problem!

Same here. If it isn't tight enough liquid leaks during the blending, but if it is tight enough for that not to happen it is extraordinarily difficult to remove. I've mostly stopped using, too.

After trying everything to get the cover off, and no I did not wash it in a dishwasher, I used some WD-40, and it came right off. Use a good degreaser to wash the WD off. Blue Dawn dish soap works great.

I used hot water, no help, tried to pry off, would not budge. I was spraying a squeaky hinge with WD 40 and decided if it would unstick other things, it might unstick the lid, one squirt on all 4 sides, and the lid came right off. Now I know to not store with the lid on.

If you haven’t used it for awhile and it is stuck on, you have to muscle it. A man with big hands ( sorry feminists) and fingers should be able to do it easily. I am a medium build man y with skinny fingers. Undo the latch, place the tips of your fingers under the edge of the lip and pull like crazy. It hurt so bad that I used a dish wash cloth. I put my left arm around the pitcher, gripped it, gritted my teeth, told the lid that it would lose and I pulled it right off. Suggestion: don’ t store with the lid all the way down.

I used Olive Oil around the lid edges. It took many tugs to pull it off as I am not very strong but dont give up. It took me about 5 minutes of tugging for it to finally come out of the blender.

don't put lid put in side

I do that still stuck it sucks

The rubber is may be missing or off the lid.

Twice I tiressly struggled to take off the blade lid I realized the clear plastic circle that goes in between the blade lid was off.. I usually take it after using the ninja when cleaning

I just used a table knife to carefully pry it off.

Dave Bohling will be eternally grateful.