The dv5-1125nr is an multimedia entertainment laptop that features a 15.4" display, a built in camera, and toggle touchpad

Serial number not found

Hello

I'm Bojan and I have HP DV5 and it doesn't start up.

For some time, on boot up my laptop, I've received message Serial Number Not Found and Press Enter to continue, after that Windows boot up. But few days ago I've got black screen and message Serial Number Not Found and that's it.

I cannot enter BIOS or anything.

I tested HDD and it's OK.

I tested RAM and it's OK.

When I disconnect HDD I managed to access BIOS and in Info section Serial number missing, CPID are zeros and some other data are missing or zeros.

It seems that I need to enter eeprom and try to fill missing data. I have all necessary data except CPID. It should be sticker somewhere on laptop but I cannot find it!

Do you have any suggestion or advice?

Best regards

boki0002000, this sounds like a motherboard issue. Other than calling HP support and seeing what they have in store, I'd check this link out. Right now you really do not have anything to lose, so might as well give it a try.

Hello oldturkey03

Calling HP support will be last option, I just want to try my best before that and also to learn something from this unpleasant experience.

Thanks on advice...

Best regards

And also, I'm aware of this option with modifying eprom, and you are right it may help... I need to open laptop to try find CPID sticker because it is'n below battery or below RAM slots... It's probably somewhere on motherboard...

boki0002000 will be eternally grateful.