BlackBerry's newest flagship that features a physical keyboard.

Phone won't turn on

My Blackberry Passport doesn't turn on for unknown reasons but if I connect the battery charger, red light turn on.

I need help, my phone still off.

Connect you passport via USB cable and check whether it detecting by the computer ?

I ended changing the battery but this phone is a traitor. Never in the life let the phone discharge the battery till the phone turn off because the board won't let charge the battery again.

You will only see is the red light turn on when you put the charger. That happened again with the new battery put this time I used a charger of my iPhone with the cable of the Passport and the phone turned on again, but that was a lucky. The battery charger that comes with the Passport is trash.

Hi, somehow my phone went from 99% to zero in one day when I wasn't even using it. Now I tried to turn it on and got dead "Red battery" symbol. SO I charged it for an hour or two but I'm worried, there are no LED lights to show it is charging, no green LED, no red LED. What has happened? I still can't switch it on.

I have same issue with my BlackBerry Passport, did your issue get resolved? please let me know

No I bought a new phone. The phone was two years old and probably designed to stop working after that!

I just did with mine and it still wont turn on

Most Helpful Answer

i just had the problem, if you are not sure that it s charged let it charge few hours then keep holding the power bouton pressed on for 10 - 15 seconds then it is on again :)

sorry for my bad english

I thought my phone was broken and pressing 15 seconds took care of the problem.

Thanks !!!

well your english is as good as to solve my problem. Thanks pal :)

i am facing same issue and i followed this method but still wont on!!!! what the problem else will be kindly help!!!!!!!!

Same issue with a KeyOne. Held it for 9 seconds and it started. Thanks.

Thank you so much, I was so stressed, my phone has been off for 2 days. Held the power button for 15 seconds and it finally switched on again.

Thanks.. I ve the same problem.. I followed your advice.. Press start botton for 10-15 seconds it starts.Actually my BlackBerry Passport was battery fully discharge when I didn't charge for three days.Then I showed no starts ,no charging only red light blinks for few minutes then stops. I was worried after that I show your advice to this website then now it's okay..Blackberry is the best phone on this earth.

I have bought BB PP (passport) couple of years back and I must admit this, Its the best ever phone piece I have come across. Looks wise v stylish and also ease of use is excellent. Its the only one who has a qwerty keyboard. But today, I somehow cud not understand why it stopped all of a sudden. The device doesnt turn on. After seein some comments above, I was able to resolve that issue. People, jus hold on the start button for 10-15 secs and boom, it turns on. All the best. BB ROCKS!!!

Mine will still not turn on !! Any other suggestions?

My BlackBerry passport just went off for no reason this morning I was confused,so I just hold on to the start bottling for like 10 seconds,it automatically came up am happy BlackBerry is the best

Mine is also dead. when plugged in I get one long LED then three short blinks, then two then the cycle repeats. At no time does the screen turn on. Anyone else have this issue ? It sadly looks terminal, but I thought I would ask just in case.

Did you ever solve this issue? Mine has the same problem but I ditched it and went with Android. i'm now thinking it may be the battery.

Actually I had to reinstall BB10 and it came back up. I don't know the initial cause but I noticed my phone was hot when I completed the last call before it died. The one thing that it took me a while to find out was I HAD to install an OS version that was consistant with what was originally on it. You can no longer go back to a previous version as new security measures prevent this but there is no indication during the process of this so if your phone was at 10.3 you cannot go back to 10.1 or 10.2. Sadly even though it booted back up it suffered from the Emergency Calls Only issue so I was still dead in the water and stuck going to the KeyOne. an OK phone but not as smooth an OS as BB10 was.

me to have the same problem

mine passport blinks 1 time then 6 more

holding power button for 10-15 sec does not do anything at all

I tried doing it with power + volume up and nothing

tried doing it with power + volume up and down still nothing

Event changed the battery on it with brand new battery and same exact thing

Im a tech and been for 14 years so i know my phones but blackberry with their blink codes are wack !

I'm actually in that predicament myself. Plugging it in gives me a red light for 10 seconds then it disappears while at the same time the screen is either blank or flickering. BlackBerry Link and autoloader don't do anything as they ask or try to reset the passport and it won't. Just revived a priv and it's the bees knees so I still have faith I'll fix this issue too.

Also have a 100% success rate on a Google Frp removal so hit me up and I'll show you how.

my blackberry haven been off for some time and it have been throwing message for put blackberry charger now that i brought that charger this phone is switching on or showing the light of charging am now stressed please help

Mr Bennet will be eternally grateful.