BlackBerry's newest flagship that features a physical keyboard.

Phone won't turn on

My Blackberry Passport doesn't turn on for unknown reasons but if I connect the battery charger, red light turn on.

I need help, my phone still off.

Connect you passport via USB cable and check whether it detecting by the computer ?

I ended changing the battery but this phone is a traitor. Never in the life let the phone discharge the battery till the phone turn off because the board won't let charge the battery again.

You will only see is the red light turn on when you put the charger. That happened again with the new battery put this time I used a charger of my iPhone with the cable of the Passport and the phone turned on again, but that was a lucky. The battery charger that comes with the Passport is trash.

Hi, somehow my phone went from 99% to zero in one day when I wasn't even using it. Now I tried to turn it on and got dead "Red battery" symbol. SO I charged it for an hour or two but I'm worried, there are no LED lights to show it is charging, no green LED, no red LED. What has happened? I still can't switch it on.

I have same issue with my BlackBerry Passport, did your issue get resolved? please let me know

No I bought a new phone. The phone was two years old and probably designed to stop working after that!

I just did with mine and it still wont turn on

Most Helpful Answer

i just had the problem, if you are not sure that it s charged let it charge few hours then keep holding the power bouton pressed on for 10 - 15 seconds then it is on again :)

sorry for my bad english

I thought my phone was broken and pressing 15 seconds took care of the problem.

Thanks !!!

well your english is as good as to solve my problem. Thanks pal :)

i am facing same issue and i followed this method but still wont on!!!! what the problem else will be kindly help!!!!!!!!

Thanks.. I ve the same problem.. I followed your advice.. Press start botton for 10-15 seconds it starts.Actually my BlackBerry Passport was battery fully discharge when I didn't charge for three days.Then I showed no starts ,no charging only red light blinks for few minutes then stops. I was worried after that I show your advice to this website then now it's okay..Blackberry is the best phone on this earth.

My BlackBerry passport just went off for no reason this morning I was confused,so I just hold on to the start bottling for like 10 seconds,it automatically came up am happy BlackBerry is the best

Mine is also dead. when plugged in I get one long LED then three short blinks, then two then the cycle repeats. At no time does the screen turn on. Anyone else have this issue ? It sadly looks terminal, but I thought I would ask just in case.

Did you ever solve this issue? Mine has the same problem but I ditched it and went with Android. i'm now thinking it may be the battery.

me to have the same problem

mine passport blinks 1 time then 6 more

holding power button for 10-15 sec does not do anything at all

I tried doing it with power + volume up and nothing

tried doing it with power + volume up and down still nothing

Event changed the battery on it with brand new battery and same exact thing

Im a tech and been for 14 years so i know my phones but blackberry with their blink codes are wack !

Mr Bennet will be eternally grateful.