13.3" flip-top, touchscreen laptop (SVF13NA1UL).

Vaio laptop suddenly shutdown?

I have Sony VAIO Fit 13A, with windows 10 (OEM) , the problem is, when I use it, its suddenly shutdown!, there are not any problems in the OS, and I have changed the power option, but nothing change, even after re-applying thermal paste the problem still exist!

Is changing a fan will solve this problem??

its motherboard problem.u can call me or whatsapp me 00971569350246

I also have the same problem with my VAIO VGN-P530H. Please let's chat on Skype my ID is: alainbastien. Seems to happen since I updated the BIOS version REV to 3.5

Seems Like motherboard Issue ..contact some repair man at near Your Place

How long does the laptop run before shutting down if you can get to it in time go to your event log and find out what happens when it shuts down .

Some time about 30 minutes, and some time it works longer than that (more than hour). But at the end it suddenly shut down!

if it runs long enough check the event viewer to see whats causing the shut down . Are there any blue screens before shut down ? any mention of thermal issues on a blue screen

Most Helpful Answer

Typically a laptop shutting down without warning like that is due to a heat issue. Does the laptop feel hot to the touch when it shuts down? Even if it doesn't, it can be an airflow problem. Open up the case and use some compressed air to blow any dust out (even a small amount can block airflow). You may also try using the laptop with a cheap laptop cooler under it and see if the problem improves.

There is no dust, and I already have a laptop cooler

Have you tried using a program like SpeedFan to monitor the temperature and fan speeds? http://download.cnet.com/SpeedFan/3000-2...

I have a customer's Vaio that does that thing exactly,

In this case it is definitely not heat issue, battery, power, or hard disk. I am in the process of running some other tests off windows, such as CPU, GPU and RAM stress tests but i seriously doubt that would be the case. My suspicion is drivers, even though i have disabled the one's that haven't been installed, from other forums I saw it could be GPU drivers, so try uninstalling your GPU driver and re-installing it. As a pro I cannot go directly to that solution without checking that everything is in perfect condition, but try it and let me know :)

You've made my day "Rallierf1", I've been trying to figure out this problem for over year now.

I've installed, uninstalled reinstall and upgrade to and from Windows 10 several times. updated drivers, change laptop fan and tried every possible suggestions i have ever come across all this time till i found this Rallierf1's suggestion.

It use to be 5min to 1hour max and it will suddenly shut down but now it's been on for hours and still running.

Thank you all for your efforts.

u can hear ur fan working if it's not u need to clean it or change it , u need to check ur battery if it's shuting down the battery might be the problem .

Before it was making sound but after I clean it the sound disappeared.

I don not have any problem with battery.

so it is working or not ? it's easy to know just put ur hand or ear near the fan and check it .

Yes it is working, but the problem still exists.

I also have the same issue with my Sony Vaio VGN-P530H. But when I enter the BIOS and leave it for a long time it does NOT poweroff. Only in Windows.

May I have modified some Power management or updated unnecessarily the Firmware ?

Alain

I Think it is a battery problem you should replace it

I have the same problem and I don't know what I have to do

I removed Windows 10 and reinstall Windows 8, and the same problem still exists, so I don't think it is a driver problem!

I have also same problem and dont know who to solve it. I am using windows 10.

Has anyone found any solution? Please urgent!

I am a translator and dont play any games etc. just browser and a program.

I also have shutdown problem My older battery was working well but when i replaced it my laptop forcly shutdown

I'm using windows 7 and i have this problem... I tried changing OS, cooling past and also used external fan to cool laptop but no use its shutting down automatically ... I need answer

I have the same problem. Especially when I visit some sites, for example http://www.emlakcibaba.com or https://www.dugunmaster.com suddenly close my computer while looking at the videos on these sites. I tried out the recommendations one by one, did not get a result

I Will Say Restart The Computer First .

Uninstall Any Unwanted Program From Computer

Update Your Computer to the Latest Driver And See if that Helps

You can try some methods:

Method 1: Resetting Power

1. Take out the battery, the charger and any peripherals such as (USB devices, printers etc).

2. Press and Hold the Power button for 30 seconds. Release the button after 30 seconds.

3. Put the charger back in and check if the laptop now powers up. If it does, then put the battery back in as well.

What's weird when I enter the BIOS SETUP and leave it ON it stays ON for hours.

I have the same issue with my SONY VAIO VGN-P530H running Window VISTA Home Basic. this seems to happen after I have updated the BIOS version to REV 3.5

hi brother can u update bios?

I have the same scenario but when I try to reboot when the fan is running fast and loud it won't shut off.. What the wreck.. I've been placing branded thermal paste, cleaning the mother board, cleaning the fan, reboot bios still the same result.

i got same problem in my laptop .

it was also doesn't work with out battery>

but now its work perfect .

the solution is for my case maybe doesn't work for you guys im not sure

1-remove the battery and charger

2- press and hold the power button for around 30 sec

3- I tried to use different charger and plug it without battery

and its work perfect now without in sudden shutdown

so i guess we can summaries the solution by check the following :

1- the battery

2- the charger

3- driver (reinstall)

4-fan and cooling ( clean or change it)

5- check for any app or program that you install before the problem occur>...

good luck guys and i hope that will be helpful for allof you

regards

shdotcom will be eternally grateful.