An Android smartphone by Samsung for the Asian market, known by many model numbers, released December 2014.

Samsung A5 dropped on back and screen is now black

Hi. I dropped my Samsung Galaxy A5 on its back and the screen turned black. I can hear the sound when i get a new message on WhatsApp, but the screen is always black. What should i do ? I can't remove the battery then put it back again because the cover can't be taken off. Please help i'm desperate !

but samsung a5 not remove battery

I have an S5 that I dropped and NOTHING visible was damaged on the phone but the screen won't come on and Sprint is telling me that it needs a new screen. Sound accurate? I have gone through all kinds of steps I found online but nothing works. Here's one link I tried:https://www.technobezz.com/fix-samsung-g...

You have probably damaged the display or the force from the drop disconnected the flex cable that attached it.

Check the display carefully for damage if you can't see any then it may need reconnecting, I've seen it happen before on Samsung Galaxy S5's.

There is a little crack, but i don't think this damaged the whole display. . How can i reconnect the flex cable that attached it if i can't remove the cover ?

If there is a crack in the display it is broken and will need replacing. You lift the display up from the front using heat and a lot of patience. Youtube for videos.

If there is Crack on the display it can't be fixed without replacing it? Because the screen is half the prize.

Most Helpful Answer

If you dropped your S5 phone and have a black screen (phone still appears to work, but nothing appears on screen). Turn it off, take out the battery. And squeeze the upper right corner ( watch a disassembly video for the precise location) to reconnect the cable to the screen. After a lot of stress and almost deciding to spend a lot of money on a new screen this fixed it in about a minute.

Yess!

Thank you Walrave.

I squeezed the upper right corner(by the front facing camera) of my S5 mini. No hard pressure was even needed. Screen was dead after phone was dropped.

YES!!!!! thank you! So easy! I took off the back cover, removed the battery. I immediately squeezed the upper right corner, but batter back in, put cover back on, and voila! Phone powered up and is fine.

Thank you for the advice. It worked..

@walrave oh lord i extra registered here to thank you! i got an Galaxy S5 which had this problem, and it really worked! many thanks for that!

Thank you. I knocked my wife's phone off her nightstand and the screen went black. Squeezed the the panel behind the front facing camera and felt a little click and when I put the battery back in it worked! You kept me out of the doghouse!

M aphone fell now the screen is black but there is no cracks on the screen.

You just need to open up the screen and maybe screen cable not connect just go to YouTube to see how to open the screen

from where i can get A5 display at low cost

Samsung A5 gold

I think I may need a new screen to dose anyone know how much it would be to fix. It cus I did get it fix awhile ago and it was somewhere around 2bills i

Serge Haddad will be eternally grateful.