Troubleshoot dead iPhone 6

Someone gave me a cracked dead iPhone 6. There was limited info as to how it got damaged. I replaced the screen. Still dead. Replaced the battery, still dead. This thing is completely dead, nothing.

Since I have a nice new test phone to play with, anyone have any tips as to how to bring this thing back to life?

I looked under a mag glass and don't see any frank water damage, just extremely dusty. I am planning on taking it all apart and cleaning it completely.

Take a good look at the logic board for any burned components. Was the screen damaged badly enough to leave components exposed?

Try cleaning the connections with isopropanol alcohol? Do you know the battery you tried has power? Do you know if the charging port is good?

Im going to do the cleaning. I don't know if the new battery has power and I don't know if the port is good. How to test? I have the tools....

I guess you'd have to check with another phone or other parts. Also what Robert said is a good idea, but guessing you'd notice something, if you went over it with a mag glass, looking for water damage

felix will be eternally grateful.