The second generation HTC One—dubbed the HTC One (M8)—features a dual flash and the new Sense 6 UI, and was released March 25, 2014.

Why cant my phone connect with htc sync manager?

HTC Sync manager says no phone is not connected. I have installed the drivers and windows detects the phone. HTC M8t

Totally frustrated with the service. Going on three weeks now!

Most Helpful Answer

With your PC turn on and booted into windows connect the phone with a usb sync cable. Now go to the device manager which is located in the settings menu under hardware and sound. Open the device manager and locate the HTC one M8 and click on it to open its options/information menu. Here you can check which driver the phone is using and if it is functioning properly. The driver should be a usb driver from HTC, so if you notice it is using a windows usb driver or another driver not from HTC then unistall the driver and device and restart the PC.

Make sure you have the most current HTC Sync Manager installed on the PC. Installing HTC Sync Manager also installs the necessary drivers to be able to properly sync the phone with the PC. You can also download only the usb driver from HTC if you did not want to use HTC Sync Manager to obtain the correct driver.

You can also try uninstalling HTC sync manager and then after rebooting the PC try installing the most current version of HTC Sync Manager to see if this corrects the issue by reinstalling the correct driver. Try using different sync cables too if these other options are not helping. Most of the time this is caused by windows using a usb driver that it believes is compatible but truly isn't, so if you are having syncing issues always check to see what driver windows is trying to use or what it has your device listed under in the device manager. Hope this helps.

And what happens when none of this works?

my settings doesn't have 'hardware and sound' - what else could it be called - Windows 10 - don't get it folks, stick to windows 7

Hi Anne,

Win10 Press Windows key + X key together Select Control Panel Select Device Manager, locate it in there.

Don't use any old USB cable, use the proper HTC one or your PC might not detect the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjePFGa6...

help yourself ;)

I used to have this problem too. After many things to try, uninstall and reinstall htc sync, etc, I've finally found the solution. I have read in some website it said we have to USE THE ORIGINAL USB CABLE which come with the htc phone. Then I've tried and it is unbelievable that it my laptop can find and sync everything immediately. After wasting my time for about 3 days to find out this problem, it's really work.

The ORIGINAL HTC cable does indeed work. Other cables allow you to connect the phone, see it through "File Explorer", transfer files, etc. But they don't always allow Sync Manager to connect. So Non-HTC cables will sometimes work, but not always.

Well jumped the gun. After successfully connecting with the ORIGINAL HTC cable, it no longer connects. Quite irritating. After further research, found free software called "MyPhoneExplorer" which is multitudes better than HTC Sync Mgr. It backs up all the stuff on your phone, as well as allows you to view and edit the contents. And it works with all Android, not just HTC.

3 years after I bought the phone, that is stupid thing to require. WTF??? No way I'll ever find the ONE cord...

I tried absolutely everything for hours to connect to pc. Even HBOOT didn't connect. I thought it has to be the charging jack in my M7 that's faulty. Bought a new charge port flex off eBay and fitted it. Turns out that it was the problem .! The other symptom was a "Slow Charging" notification always came up even when connected to my HTC charger. That's what led me to believe the jack was faulty.

I am unable to syc my HTC one

So I've done this 3 times now, don't ask. First time, my PC wouldn't read phone the phone at all. No clue, computer stupid, and I tripped over a pop up window from my AVG ant-virus that showed the different drivers and connections. Maybe 5 total, and only 1 was connected. Again, computer dumb but I was able to adjust some settings in the antivirus and firewall, color coordinated. I deleted and reinstalled the apps/drivers, thinking that maybe they weren't fully able to down load because of the security settings. This time (2) it connected PC and mobile instantly.. Now, I'm attempting my 3rd and 4th try. I reinstalled everything but there's no connection again, and I can't find that magical pop up window either. I know nothing about anti-viruses, does any of this make sense? All my apps, including drivers are from the HTC website so it's legit, I can t get my PC to allow any of them to download fully either. Antivirus won't allow

The simplest solution i have found is to make sure HTC Sync manager on the PC is of the same version the phone is looking for. Looks like if the versions are different the phone does not get detected.

To do this:

1. Uninstall any existing HTC Sync Manager softwares on your PC completely

2. Connect your mobile to your PC

3. In your phone, in USB options choose "CD Installer" instead of "Charging" or "File Transfers"

4. You will now see an image of HTC Sync Manager mounted on your PC. Just follow the standard instructions and install the HTC Sync Manager software

5. Launch the HTC Sync Manager software now. Disconnect and Reconnect the mobile

6. Phone should now be detected

Let me know if this works.

Karthik Rengarajan - I cannot find usb options either within settings or within my HTC desire 510 phone. I have tried looking for them asking where they may be on the internet and cannot find anything... Sadley I cannot go any further past step 2... when I connect my phone to laptop (win7) i can see it in explorer and can search files folders ok but it does not try and install htc sync manager...

patosky4u2002 will be eternally grateful.