PlayStation 4, screen flickers, console crashes shortly afterwards
first of all a short gif of what happens: http://imgur.com/I4WxPFr
- I bought a used PS4, it was dirty, broken and didn't display anything
- I properly cleaned it, replaced thermal material, replaced broken parts (fan, antenna) and reassembled it
- I can now get into Safe Mode and do Initialization, but at a random point, the screen quickly flickers a bit, then goes dark. After 10s the console disconnects from the controller
- Once I managed to do the full initialization and could even login to PSN and start downloads, but then suddenly: flickering and dark.
- I often get to the blue screen after the complete initialization happened and I have to connect a controller, but there it never detects the controller (although it works fine in Safe Mode)
- LED is blue at the beginning, turn white after that. Stays white. Sometimes after the screen goes black, it restarts after a couple minutes, shuts down automatically or gets caught up in an endless blue blinking light (I think it depends on when during the init it has crashed)
- (On an older, non full hd monitor, the screen only shows the PS logo, but never Safe Mode. Could be coincidental)
- (I used different HDMI cables, Hard Drives, USB cables, Monitor and TVs during the test, to ensure it's the console that produces the bug)
- (Pressing the Power Button for a long time still shuts the console down)
- (No visible damage on the mainboard, daughterboard and the PSU. Power draw is normal.)
Thanks for your time looking at the issue!
Is this a good question?