Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Xbox One turns on then turns off after a few minutes

My Xbox one turns on and I am able to use it for a few minutes, but randomly turns off. I tried playing Destiny and Forza 5, but as soon as the game loads, it shuts off. The last update that it got was the June 2015 update. Sucks, because it broke on the first day of summer vacation. I contacted Microsoft support, but they said I would have to send it in...I want to see if I can fix it before I do that. I have tried to turn it on recently, and when I do there is a system update. I tried to update it, and it starts doing the update. It was almost done but the console shut down on me.

Please Help!

Well, I tried and Unfortunately, it didn't work... I have to send it to MS, they will give me another one... Still gotta pay $115 though...

I'm not sure if this matters but i just remembered that it was stormy the day before it pooped out....not sure if that screwed it up or what.

my console shuts itself off, im wondering if yours is doing it the same way. when mine shuts off (which is very frequently, in fact im not even using it anymire until its fixed) you can here a click inside the console, i think thats where the problem is. PC's have this problem too.

also its not overheating i promis you, one morning, after it was off all night, it wouldn't turn on.

@tronicsfix cockroaches?

It sounds like it could be overheating. I'd take it apart and clean it out of any dust with some Dust-Off or similar.

Xbox One Fan Replacement

Ok, Thanks! I will have to try this. also when it turns off the power brick turns orange and idk if the console makes this sound or the brick, but it makes a little click right before it turns off

I would assume that's from the device itself rather than the power brick. It is likely the fan coming to a stop or other component. How long have you had it, and in what condition is it kept in? Is there plenty of ventilation in the area?

I have had it for about a year, It is well ventilated, there is no wire around it besides the power, and HDMI.

Wow that's odd. That's my only explanation other than maybe it got damaged over that year? I don't know how well you take care of your Xbox so i don't really know

I would still take it apart. You'd be surprised how much dust can collect in there and it can really fry your mother board if you don't stay on top of it. Even my laptop has to be opened up and cleaned.

This happened with my 360 every once in a while. I just put a fan on my Xbox and put it on an open surface not in like a shelf where is covered.

Nadeem Baksh will be eternally grateful.