thin black lines on the screen started with one now four

thin black lines appearing on the screen of my 50" Samsung television...color is great but these keep appearing one by one on the top portion of the screen. Is there a fix for this.

What kind of TV? LCD? Plasma? DLP? Projection? Do you have a model number?

If this is an LCD screen look closely at the screen and see if you can see where it actually starts if you can find it take a pencil with an eraser on the end and place the eraser on the spot were it starts and apply a small amount of pressure a little at a time and release . Do this a few times or until the line goes away. Lines can be made by dead pixels. A small amount of pressure on the LCD can fix this, be careful not to use anything sharp. This does not work with plasma or LED screens . Hope this helps

I don't believe it. IT WORKED!!!!!! Thank you , thank you, thank you!

This worked for me too:) WOW!!

It worked for me thank you very much Russ in Colorado

Worked for me too! Holy crap! Glad I didn’t try to figure out a fix on my own before finding this!

If the lines are appearing and disappearing then it is not dead pixels you are dealing with but it could still be related to pressure.

If you are careful you can troubleshoot the problem yourself. You will have to work with the back panel removed leaving boards exposed that contain very high voltages.

With the back panel removed at the top of the casing you will see a long circuit board (Usually about the length of the screen) There will be a number of ribbon cables plugged into it, coming from the front of the casing, the cables power different sections of your LCD screen.

Now with the TV propped up power it on and play something as you normally would, find the ribbon cable at the top that is closest to the lines on the screen, carefully you should be able to move the cable a little, see if the screen corrects itself.

If so, plug the TV out and press the power button a couple of times to discharge any remaining power.

Now lift the tab for the cable you identified and push it in fully and clip the tab back down on it, turn on the TV and see how the picture looks, if it is good then close the machine back up and enjoy some TV.

If the TV is hanging on a wall-mount then that could be what is causing it. The pressure on the back of the TV tends to bend the LCD display so that these lines appear. Not a fix... Just saying. This especially happens with cheaper TVs

What if i have a led samsung 47 inch but theres thin and thick black line on the screed how do i make them go away its a model nyo2

Sony XE8577 55”

I have these darker line areas at top of screen to 10cm down/ 15cm wide. Sony services says that it´s not anything problem at my tv and they don´t want to repair it(under year old), but if I want to deliver at my own cost to repair it´s okay :) So be careful if you consider to buy a Sony. Funny from Sony I say.

Penny will be eternally grateful.