The Kindle's big brother, the DX sports a large 9.7" e-ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.

Genuine Replacement Screen Kindle DX Graphite and Howto

Can anyone please tell me where to purchase a genuine Kindle DX Graphite replacement screen?

Also any links to a how-to would be greatly appreciated.

You can buy this screen on eBay from several vendors. Some vendors are local, some are from China or Hong Kong.

The screen serial number is: ED097OC1(LF). (The second O is a capital "O," not a zero.)

From a US vendor the screen will cost you a lot, maybe $75-90, and some try to get much more. From a Chinese vendor you can buy it for much less, around $45-50, but it will take a couple of weeks to get to you.

Thanks ttcsargent.

I saw some on ebay but I wasn't sure which would be a cheap copy and which would be an original.

I bought one from china and it was a complete rubbish. It worked but the contrast was nearly zero, and the definition was lower. I would like to buy the original one which comes with the Kindle DX Graphite, which has quite good resolution and contrast but don't know where to buy it.

Will anyone, please, give me some advice?

Thanks.

Flapdoodle will be eternally grateful.