Nexus 9 Tablet Auto Rotation Fix
Try the following link: it works!
Check first that "Auto-rotate" is turned "on", and does NOT work. Then:
1. Go the apps screen
2. Open up: Google
3. Got settings: top left three bars, the "settings"
4. Select Now Cards
5. Under Show Cards: De-select (turn off "Show Cards")
6. Turn off Nexus 7, and Restart.
7. Make sure "Auto-rotate" is turned on.
8. Auto-rotation will work again! (on most Nexus 7 tablets?, if it still does not work, "uninstall" Google Now all
together, and reboot. If you re-install Google Now later, and set it up, and reboot,"Auto-rotate will still work)
9. No need to tinker with the hardware, and open the tablet!
10. Spread the word.
When Autorotate does not work:
All my tablets are running Android version 6.0.1.
Kernel build: 3.4.0-g09a22c6
Wed Apr 20 00:06:25 UTC 2016
Build Number: MOB30M
1. Download and install: Check My Android.
2. Open the App
3. Select: "Sensor"
4, You will see that the following sensors are disabled, or do not work:
1. MPL Accelerometer
5. MPL Gyroscope
7. MPL Gyroscope
5. Turn off the "Now" cards in Google, as above
6. "Auto-rotate will work again.
7. Sensors 1, 5, and 7. will work again.
8. Interesting note:
If you turn on the "Now" cards again, in Google. Power down the tablet and resart. The "Auto-rotate" keeps on
working (ONLY ON SOME NEXUS 7 TABLETS (I have 5 of them, some work, some not)), and all sensors show OK? For now at
least!!! No idea why??
To play it safe, just turn of the "Now" cards, (or uninstall Google Now), and reboot!!
20 June 2016
Fixed! Thank you!
I have a problem with my Nexus photo editing..won't work & screen goes darker..who could I call? Thanks
by Helena mcdonnell
I had this problem caused by a conflict with Spotify app. Uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify cured it
by Craig Machin
SOLVED! I had this problem,
- Turned the screen rotation off from pull down top menu
- Powered phone off
- Rebooted phone
- Turned Screen Rotation back on from pull down top menu
by Ric Alien
Worked like a charm!
by Mike McMullen
Show 8 more comments