Model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

My Ds4 controller is overheating

My ds4 controller is over heating because i used a fast charger and my old battery didnt charge so i brought i new battery but it still is overheating evertime i turn it on. I took out the ribbon cable of the touch pad and the led/port and put them back but it was still overheating. I turned on my controller while touching the mother board and i found a small box with a turn H and a • that cause alot of heat and idk how to fix it

To find the h• look at the battery tray and above the screw and below the battery is a square cut out with a square box with a h• the is tilted

someone help me

having the same problem. bought new battery and charger and it is still overheating

Having the same problem, already change the battery, thinking of changing the charger port as well.

Most Helpful Answer

I too used a fast charger for months with no issues but then it started getting hot. i stopped using it and havnt used it since, and now 2 of my controllers are dead. i have now replaced both batteries with new ones... Twice! first with 2000mAh batteries , to no avail... and then with the factory 1000 mAh batteries. so far they are both getting hot and not holding a charge for more a few mins.

not sure at this poiint maybe i fried the charging port?

I have the same problem I replaced the battery and usb charger port and stopped using the fast charger. And it still gets hot and stops charging after a while.

Hey, replace the charging port, I did mine after the batteries, and it took care of it. unfortunately I haven't found them for less then like 22 bucks... so for under 30 you can replace your sticks, batteries, and charge port and have a new controller.. better than $65 i guess... Moral of the story, don't use rapid charger. Also Hyperkin (the company that makes the retron5) makes a great usb cord, nice connectors, like 10' and fabric wrap cord.

Put every thing back as it was. Stop using the fast charger. This should fix your trubble.

I did but it still is overheating ever 5 min

Same here and so my controller won't even hold the charge either I hope someone has a solution

I am having the same problem but no one seems to know what to do

Hi bro, it same problem here... after all of my tries to fix this problem... i think it was charging port problem, because all of my DS4 parts working fine but i noticed that there is a very hot surface on my DS4 motherboard (80° C approx. untouchable) coming from charging port because also the charging port is a little bit hot... so let me try to change the port and i will tell you the result...

Any news on a solution guys?

Whats the result? Same problem here. I changet the battery. Cheap one and factory one. None of them works. When i connect it to my PS TV it says: "can not supply more power. Please disconnect the device."

When i connect new DS it charges without the message.

How to fix thos issue pleaseee

Hi guys. I've the same problem. I bought a new battery and changed it but the problem still there. I turned on the controller when it was open trying to guess where the !&&* was the problem, and when I touch the mainboard it was really hot, I've been looking for that piece on ebay, amazon, etc, but it's quite expensive 30 to 40 bucks, so I think it would be better to buy a new one...

John Y will be eternally grateful.