red led blink 6 times when I turn on the tv

We tried so many times

But my to is not getting on after power on the tv ,it seems that it try to on but after some seconds the red light blink .It blink 6 times it will the same 3to 4 time and then go back to standby

Also want to know

What does it meen when red light blink 4 times

Plz let me know who can it be solved

kaushik what exact model is your TV?

Take a look at this.

4 red blinks- can be LD board or main logic board, check inverter board wires for arcing to ground

6 red flashes- backlight issue, bad main board, or power board or inverter boards- check standby volts on power board. "backlight on" volts should be 3-5v from main logic board then 24v to inverter

Hi Johnny. I'm debugging a kdl46w4100. Initially I replaced the power board because I was not getting standby 3.3V. Now I have 3.3V standby so I'm passed that and so now I have the 6 red flashes. I can see on the connector coming from the main logic board to the power board that the "backlight on" signal goes to 1.8v but not to 3.3. The HV lines (wrapped in double heat shrink) going to the inverter board) never go to 24v - they never do anything. My guess is that the main logic board is not properly telling the power board to send the HV to the inverter board. Ideas? Thanks!

The 6 red blink code on Sony is usually a fail safe on the main board for plasmas... Usually set off by power surges brown outs and dirty electricity, this is done to prevent fires and further component damage so the customer will send the unit into Sony to get its components checked. This is a unique feature for Sony plasmas as they are carrying a high amount of electricity. Google or YouTube Sony Bravia reset. You will need a compatible Sony remote to perform the reset. I have fixed 3 2012 models and one 2011 from the 6 blink code using this method and 3 of those units have been functioning great after 6 months. A lot of repair shops easily misdiagnose it as a power board issue... Guess they don't know how to use google. And there is usually nothing physically wrong with 6 blink tvs it's just Sony trying to cover their ass at the time so there was not a recall since they were losing money on production when the units came out, similar to the PS3. hope this helps you all out ifixit community. - Brandon

Brandon, My Sony 46 inch XBR has a disheartening condition. When plugged in it tries to start - by powering on and the Sony logo at the front bottom of the TV lights up. I've replaced the backlight board and the power board but no luck. Could it be the main board NOT TELLING the rest of the unit what/how to fire up?

How do I get another Main board.

I neglected to state that after it tries to power up after about 10 seconds an a few clicking sounds, the Sony logo light goes off and the Standby light begins flashing 6 times, repeating.

Per Sony site, unplug for 3 minutes if your T.V. picture goes out and you have blinking red lights. If still have a problem and T.V. is plugged into a power strip, then unplug for 3 minutes, then plug directly into wall. The power strip could be bad. (https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/de...)

It could also be a backlight problem of some sort.

If you can view T.V. again, and want to see error codes, do the following: Turn T.V. off. Quickly press "Display", "Channel 5", "Down Volume", then "Power". Press "Power" again if nothing came up on T.V. See error codes. Press "Power" again, then again, to return to normal T.V. (https://electro-medical.blogspot.in/2016...) and (http://tampatec.blogspot.de/2015/03/sony...)

I have same problem with my T.V., Sony kdl32xbr4. I already know I have a backlight error of some sort, since part of the screen is slightly darker. The codes verified that. I also had the 6 blinking red lights with no picture at all. Unplugging for 3 minutes did reset the picture. Error 6 was listed on my T.V. as a backlight problem. Though I do not know for sure if Error 6 is the same as the 6 blinking lights, since the blinking light happened when the picture went totally out. The backlight partially went out a few month ago with no blinking lights.

I will eventually need to take my T.V. in for repair but do not currently know what the cost will be. I am hoping it is worth repairing. It has been a great T.V.

I also have sony bravia and u r corrct 6 blinking is for backlight.

Cant power on without panel cable backlight comes and goes no error codes.

After correcting the backlight issues tv worked well unfortunately panel became faulty soon after

HOW did you, Sancho, fix the backlight issues?

kaushik will be eternally grateful.