Released in April 2011, the D5100 replaces the D5000 as one of Nikon's popular consumer DSLR cameras. It features a replaceable Nikon F-mount lens.

Why is my flash light is not opening

Hi, Am using Nikon D5100 from past 1 and half year, few days back I found problem with Flash light, even after pressing flash opening button, flash light is not opening

Hi all.

I have a the same problem with my nikkon 5100 camera. the flash do not open.

I already did a reset and i also tried to force it . i have no idea a how to fix it.

what steps should i take to repair it? or detect what is the problem.

Hi!

I think the problem might be the same as mine. The flash stopped to open, so I used a thin piece of metal to press on the hook holding it down. It jumped up and a tiny piece of plastic lied just by the joint to the right.

I have no idea how to fix it. But I would like to! :( But I think tearing the flash of and actually check where its from is the only way.

I also have the same issue.

I have to play with the Pop up Flash .

Then once it Pops up it works fine.

I close it and it Pops up.

But what is nsking it not pop up to began with ?

It's been a while since you posted this question. Did you end up finding a soloutuion? I'm having this same problem currently.

ksnsons72 will be eternally grateful.