The second generation HTC One—dubbed the HTC One (M8)—features a dual flash and the new Sense 6 UI, and was released March 25, 2014.

Not charging htc m8

My phone will not charge no matter what charger i use.

Most Helpful Answer

There could be several things that could cause this issue.

Do you see any indication that the phone recognizes that it is plugged into a charger? Does the charge led come on when plugged into a charger? Does the screen display any type of a battery symbol when plugged into a charger? Does a PC recognize the phone when plugged in? If the answer is no to all these questions then you likely have a faulty USB charge port on the phone and may need to replace it or possibly just clean it.

If the phone does show a battery logo on the screen with an exclamation point inside it then this means the battery is not communicating properly with the device. This can be caused from a poor connection to the motherboard or battery or from a faulty battery. Check the battery's connection to the motherboard and make sure there is no damage to the cable such as a tear. Try reseating the connection to the motherboard if the cable appears undamaged.

Has the phone been exposed to water or any liquid? If so the battery was likely damaged and would need replaced. You will also need to properly clean the phone which if this is the case reply back and mention it has water damage and myself or someone else can explain how to properly clean the phone.

Do you often let the battery discharge to the point it shuts the phone off due to a low battery? If the answer is yes then trying what aebelcarris mentions in his post may help solve the issue. Li-ion batteries do not like to be discharged or overcharged. Doing so will likely decrease the battery's lifetime and can also cause issues like this. There is a built in circuit that helps protect the battery from overcharging, discharging, and more. If the protection mode is activated it puts the battery in a sleep like state. At this point it will not respond to a normal charger and will require a boost charge which supplies the battery with a higher voltage for a short period of time. This helps wake the battery. Once it wakes then it can then be charged with the original charger.

There could be more possible reasons the battery won't charge but I just listed the more common issues I have experienced with the HTC one.

Just had this happen on my m9. Dropped my phone in the pool.. not sure how to clean it fully? I guess i need a battery replacement as well. Let the phone in oatmeal then rice as i read online. Whether it helped or not i dont know but for sure things seem to improve as i nowbhave the battery icon with exclamation. The phone is also very hot when plugged in and I actually got it to power up all the way..then i powered it down to let it charge more. However cant seem to get it charged fully and the phone continues to run hot

Yes. My phone shows a battery logo with an exclamation inside. What should i do?

this is a common problem actually with kindles and also other phones. one solution is to hold down the power button for 30 seconds while the charger is plugged in. turning it on this way. sometimes you can also do this while the phone is off of the charger. sometimes you have to power it on holding the power button and the volume either up or down button, different phone combination. I hope that this helps you out and that your phone starts charging

Also something that happens with me often is background apps that are ruining which consume a lot of power. There are apps that will hibernate then and boost your phone charge. The app i use is cm cleaner. Really helped yup charge many phone faster and extend battery life. When my phone won't charge i use this app and normally it works

im sure its the charge port it self is bad

My phone jumped, unaided, into the sink of dishes I was washing. I powered it down immediately and stuck it in rice. It turned it's self back on some time later, took a charge even, but now isn't charging. Being plugged in is keeping it on and at 3%. Anything I can do to save it?

Rael Ayotte will be eternally grateful.