The fourth iteration of the popular 7" Galaxy Tab line of Samsung tablets.

Screen is detecting touch by itself

My sons tablet is detecting touch whe no one is touching it. When you turn it on, you can see that it is sensing touch in one area and causing apps and screens to open. Makes it impossible to use. Any suggestions on what is wrong or how to fix?

Option 2 seems to have worked. Thanks!

Glad I could help.

Option 2 worked for me too. Can anyone explain why? Static electricity?

I do not understand what is meant in Option 2 by run a Blade along the Edge of Screen. ??? A Blade? Like a Sharp Blade? A Butter Knife? and what exactly is meant by Run Along Edge of Screen? With Pressure? What is the "Blade" doing?

hello Brian Spalding.

Use a thin paper knife to make distance between glass and plastic.

Imagine what happens with plastic when you drop phone to its side. Now imagine how to reverse this problem.

First, if you have not already done so, clean the screen, depending on the type of touch even a piece of dirt could activate it.

Second, get a thin blade and lightly run it around the screen, where the touch meets the plastic/metal casing.

Third, if you can get to calibrate the screen do so otherwise perform a factory restore, if it is android, power off the tab, hold Vol + and power on, let go of power once it comes on and keep the volume button pressed, usually touch is disabled in restore mode so you have to use the machine buttons to navigate and enter. I had to do this to fix a Alcatel OneTouch phone so it is worth a try.

Forth, if all else has failed you may have to disassemble the tablet, it would appear there is a pressure point on the screen which is actually banding the screen causing it to make contact with the touch panel. Not knowing which tab it is I cannot direct you on disassembly but it is generally a simple enough process.

Before trying this part, run your finger around the edges of the screen, with slight pressure, if it has had a fall or a bang a clip for the screen could have popped out of place and just needs to be seated back in.

This is all the help I can give, try them and see if it helps.

Sorry I didn't see the tablet was specified, I am new here.

I would imagine disassembly instructions exist on this site for your tab. :)

i still wondering with option 2, how it be done actually?

Option 2 worked, i don’t know How long it will take, but it works. I realy don’t understand how it is possible, static electricity or what?

Option 2 Saved my ass after almost a year of misery.

I suppose screen was pressed between plastic sides from dropping my phone and running blade around screen helped release pressure from glass so it would not bend and touch with touch panel.

seeing as option 2 worked for a lot of you how hard should the blade be pressed, i have a very sharp pocket knife sharp enough to give a scalpel a run for its money, so i do not want to cut my screen off my phone xD

Hello I have some problem with touch screen in past.

some time on low battery random touch appear and on broken screen phone have same problem.

So if problem is hardware this possibly can help.

So I make some application for hot fix this until you change new screen.

app calls Partial Screen, easy to find on google play

Hope this can be helpful.

You can't believe the frustration I had with my brand new device. Directly after unboxing it, I removed the screen cover. The screen went haywire and kept sensoring touches all over, especially close to the borders. I pulled my hair in great despair and started to prepare for some kind of repair. However, after a few days I realized that there was a second screen cover! Out of all my devices, probably 20 or more, I have never seen a product shipped with a double set of covers before. My advice is thus to double check your screen for a possible second screen cover.

Holy Mackeral, You are the king of the world I was having this exact problem with my Galaxy Note 3 and Option 2 worked! I'm so grateful!

Yes option 2 worked for me as well... Very good dear... Keep helping people...

My Samsung galaxy j7 touch screen problem comes when I turn on my data and I have deleted all the new app

I am having the same issue with my S5, it seems to work better if I take the back of the phone off? Which isn't convenient at all. I have taped the battery in, I have cleaned the phone, any other suggestions? I can't even finish a text or navigate anywhere on my screen because it keeps bouncing to other screens, it's so frustrating!

Hi Chelsea, heat from your battery could be affecting the touch, with the back off there is less heat and the battery has space to expand. I would suggest replacement of the battery , I am sure they would be quite cheap at this point.

I have recently changed the COMBO LCD SCREEN of a Samsung J120G Android Phone. The customer took it to me in dead condition due to no charge in the battery! Eventually, I changed it and working absolutely fine without any SIM Card inserted. It's even working little better in SIM 1 only. But as soon as I insert the SIM 2, calling is impossible as the touch screen automatically working, opening Bluetooth, sending the message, calling abnormally sent etc. What might be the solution?

My Infinix hot 5 self tapping

I just removed the touch screen plastic cover, it was too old, loose and scratched. Now my phone is ok.

No self tap again

My Infinix hot 5 self tapping

I just removed the screen protective cover, it was too old, scratched, and loose.

It is stable

Hai tech duets...

I also have a galaxy J5 phone and while it is getting its bettary lower than 20 or 15 percentage it started to have touches automatically and by that many programs including shareit, notification panel icons enables automatically and also i cant just control these all.. then suddenly it shutting down automatically.. then when i put it charging it getting cjarged from 0 percent... and again the touches go uncontrollable when the bettary is fetting low......... please give me some ideas.. ...

Get a lighter, unassemble it, get the spark unit, let the wire of the spark touch the affected area and zap it by pressing on the spark head, do this around the area about 10 to 15 times and the zap wil set it straight

Stu smith will be eternally grateful.